You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, you are currently not logged in. Login or Register as a new user .

Monday, October 1st 2012, 11:01pm

Effects loop

I am a soon-to-be owner of the KPA and I have a question?
I have a few pedals, especially a reverb and a delay which I would prefer to have in an effects loop between the amp and the cab in the KPA, you know, just like you do in the real world with real guitar amps. Is that possible?
And if so, can I maintain the stereo signal from those pedals through the cabinet-sim?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Qwerqaz" (Oct 1st 2012, 11:21pm)

Tuesday, October 2nd 2012, 8:18am

you can use an effects loop in place of the x or mod effect module and it would be after the amp and cabinet section ,
press and hold the mod effect then select using the left rotary knob the stereo loop .

on the back the direct out becomes your send and the return input your return

this puts the delays etc after the amp and cab which is a better place for them anyways just not possible with an amp live

++

Occupation: Personal Trainer for Musicians \ Performance Engineer

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 4:40am

Keep in mind that, in a combo's loop, the fx are put between the preamp and the poweramp section tho, rather than between the poweramp and the cab (the signal hitting the fx would be too strong, and the output of the fx would decide the impedance the speaker would see) :)

gianfranco di mare

Full-time committed to the wiKPA Project!
Meanwhile, you can download the complete wiKPA here.
If you like the idea of supporting my work, feel free to hit this PayPal account: gdimare [a] libero [dot] it
:thumbsup:

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 7:09am

Does this mean there is possible to make the loop STEREO? In that case the direct out and input jacks must be stereo, right?

you can use an effects loop in place of the x or mod effect module and it would be after the amp and cabinet section ,
press and hold the mod effect then select using the left rotary knob the stereo loop .

++

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 7:36am

YEP stereo , there are 2 return jacks on the back one alternate return and the normal one , the send will be mono from the direct out

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012, 10:59am

thanks to the new assignable output sources you can also add stereo modulation in 'X' slot,
set 'Monitor Output' to 'Mod left' and 'Direct Output' to 'Mod right',
insert the stereo loop in the 'Mod' slot and bingo - stereo modulation and a stereo fx loop for you delays and reverbs.

If your pedals are to be used instead of the build-in effects, you might go from the main outs into your pedals and from there to your power amp. This would free up one slot for additional effects.

also, please feel free to download the Reference manual from the website. (and the addendum)

Saturday, October 13th 2012, 4:35pm

I´m using a "mono loop" locked on the "X" slot with some external effects and a Roland RC-20 phrase recorder.

Sounds perfect through direct out and headphones.

On monitor output sounds great until I record something on the RC-20 and
then change the rig. The sound reproduced by the RC-20 is coloured by
the cab simulation of the new rig (even when it seems to be AFTER it on
the chain and cab sim is of for monitor output at Master section).

Any thoughts?

Axel

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "spaceloopguitar" (Oct 13th 2012, 8:48pm)