Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 74.

• Although it's overkill for most projects, SPDIF also gives you 2 more recording outputs like in the Kemper recording demos where you can have up to 8 outputs simultaneously (separate tracks for mods/delays/reverbs in stereo, stack only, dry DI, etc.) To the original poster. Was looking for a good and reasonably cheap interface earlier this year. I got an Audient ID14 and it's awesome for it's price. It has SPDIF capability but needs some optical adapter that costs a few bucks. I usually record m…

• I understand Burkhard's approach of one performance = one song but it's very hard to build a long gig this way and just takes forever with no editor. I never complained about the lack of an editor before but I have this big gig and the guy next to me is choosing his rigs with his Axe FX editor during every song during rehearsals. There is no way I can keep up with that on the Kemper, so my sounds are less precise. The gig is a one off, so the time investment to make 25+ songs is not worth it and…

• Get a 1tb SSD. That mac will have a new life.

• You can use an 1/8" to 1/4" cord (or one 1/8" to two 1/4") to connect from the computer or phone headphone output to the Kemper (in "Return input" (and "auxiliary input" if you have two 1/4")). This has nothing to do with the power amp so there shouldn't be anything to worry about. You can adjust the volume of the auxiliary input in the output menu.

• The concept is kind of similar ("image" for the Aura vs profile for the Kemper). To create a profile like this I guess one must either profile an Aura or some similar preamp or an acoustic amp directly (many available on RE). I use Kemper often with nylon string/acoustic and it works quite well: my go-to nylon profile comes from an Aura and my main acoustic one is from some Avalon acoustic preamp, both from the exchange. I actually have a proper Aura that I use on acoustic-only gigs and it's qui…

• Quote from flyingheelhook: “Quote from JedMckenna: “I just can't understand where some of those complaints are even coming from, it's so disconnected from actual musician things. ” Do you understand my complaints or are you just making sweeping generalizations? I would be happy to discuss and have you prove me wrong. ” I don't know what your specific complaints are and I won't look through the 17 pages to find out but it probably has to do with something I see all the time on this forum. I don't…

• Quote from monotone: “It is embarrassing almost boarding on humiliating that Kemper haven't released an desktop based control software. The price of a kemper is not chump change. This is the year 2018 and the competition has left them way way behind in terms of features for value for money Variable spdif rates have just become an option...you can buy behringer audio interface from 2012 with 96khz sampling that is not a big deal. The hardware is beyond a joke average and Kemper don't even release…

• These are the times where I still use my pedalboard and leave the Kemper home. Especially if it's a combo (those Voxs are good). If the venue is small, the results for me are usually much better than with the Kemper. I should add that I tried to go in the effect loop return of a Twin and a JC-120 before and it never worked: maybe I did something wrong or was in a hurry but I always ended up plugging in the input and the results were pretty bad. If the venue is small and the amp provided is a com…

• Quote from tntent: “Quote from JedMckenna: “In RM I've got two mains folders "Live" and "Studio" of 30 rigs or so each which consist of all my favorites mostly already tweaked and sorted by gain, 90% of what I use at any given time is somewhere in there. For the rest, since I mostly use the profiles of two commercial profilers these days, I've got a folder Vendor 1, Vendor 2, "Others" (mostly from rig exchange and other vendors), and one "Effects" (which are rigs where just a specific effect hav…

• Once it started pouring rain at an open air festival. Techs were running on stage trying to wrap plastic bags over my stuff. Lots of water on the KPA and the remote, and everything else. I let it air out when I came back, everything was fine. I still carry a see through plastic bag in a pocket just in case but don't overthink it, the remote is pretty damn robust.

• In hindsight, the best purchase I made this year by far was a pack of strings a gauge higher than what I used to use before that.

• Lotion and smoothing out the callouses on your fretting hand. Also, less gain, new strings, right hand string muting, adequate humidity in the room.

• Quote from skoczy: “Hi, Can anybody point me to some wiring schematics with regular SSS 5 way switch + 2 way toggle switch which engages bridge pickup? I had this once in Mexican Deluxe Strat and besides regular 5 positions I had bridge-neck tele like setting and all 3 pickups. I've seen wiring with one push-pull pot, but I prefer toggle switch. Thanks. ” Hi, you can also check out the strat "blender knob" wiring. It does the neck + bridge (and way more) and doesn't need toggle switch. You basic…

• The KPA has become basically the core of my little workstation/studio. Any playback music/tracks I ever use or listen to goes in the "aux in" on the back; I record, practice and compose (use the looper for ideas) with it almost exclusively and it's basically turned on all day. I use either headphone or Rockit style small studio monitors. I just have to unplug everything whenever I have a gig and that becomes a drag in busy season so I might just get another one at some point.

• Good things had been said above. In my case I mostly care who it is coming from: some dude with spare mics and a few amps (no offense to anyone here) or someone with some professional sound experience or making the profiles for their own (professional) use. If they fit the latter and we have some stylistic similarities, I might consider. However, I'm pretty happy with what I have at the moment and above all I value simplicity these days so I avoid clogging up my workflow with new profiles I woul…

• With all the new great commercial profilers, people seem to be intimidated of doing their own profiles thinking theirs can't possibly compete with MBritt or all those who use the best mics etc, but you've got to try it for yourself. Many of those who do their own profiling (even if it's just with basic miking techniques) end up doing their favorite profiles because they fit their gear/taste better. MBritt, Bert and co. all started doing profiles for their own use first. In other words, if you ha…

• Quote from sercho: “IMHO, having the FOH in stereo is an absolute mistake. About half the audience will miss about half of the mix, or at least some instruments! It's as simple as that... Who would want half the audience to miss one of the guitars and the other half miss the other one, for example?? I never understand when musicians (and even worst: sound engineers) come with this ideas... ” I heard that a couple of times here already. Not sure if I understand well what you mean or if we're talk…

• Quote from Nikos: “Since the words "supply & demand" have fallen often in this thread.. In our case the producer never made the "supply".It is ofcourse okay to make a "demand"(in this case a request) after the supply(an offer) but obviously the producer has (better siad still has untill the editor appears) a special product philosophy which never included an offer for the thing here in demand. This is what I dont understand anymore with this thread. ” Exactly. The profiler's raison d'etre was or…

• Quote from Monkey_Man: “Jed, you're livin' the dream, brother. Oh how I hope I can get RM into a state similar to yours one day. I've created so much work in the meantime that I'll probably not live long enough to get there even if I started today. ” Yeah, my life is a mess but at least the KPA is somewhat in order . Trying new profiles is fun and addictive, especially with all the new vendors and cool amps but I figured at some point, one's gotta stop toying around and get work done!

• In RM I've got two mains folders "Live" and "Studio" of 30 rigs or so each which consist of all my favorites mostly already tweaked and sorted by gain, 90% of what I use at any given time is somewhere in there. For the rest, since I mostly use the profiles of two commercial profilers these days, I've got a folder Vendor 1, Vendor 2, "Others" (mostly from rig exchange and other vendors), and one "Effects" (which are rigs where just a specific effect have been worked out like a cool shimmer or wha…