My Kemper Has Arrived.

• I immediately hooked ti up to my mixer and M-Audio BX8 D2's and the next four hours were the quickest of my life. I've been reading the manual on line and was ready to go as soon as it arrived. First thing I did was set the Clean Sense to my American deluxe Strat. I ended up right at 6.8. Distortion is at 0. After four hours, I've only made it through the first five factory profiles. I spent the last hour and a half playing through the 9 V Crunch. I'm completely floored by the Kemper. I've read a lot of discussion on "Amp In The Room", I think it does have the amp in the room thing going on. Now, I should say, I don't crank my amps when I play. I set them loud enough to hit the sweet spot, but it's not cranked. So maybe that's got something to do with it. I've only scratched the surface, but I'm already blown away. On all the modelers I've tried, I find myself doing the same thing. I tweak, then play for 30 seconds, then tweak and play for an other 30 seconds. So in the end, I'm tweaking more than playing. With the Kemper, I'd tweak a little, then play for 20 minutes or longer. My biggest fear with this was less playing and more tweaking. I can already see this ins't going to happen. :thumbup:

Break times over, back to the Kemper. Expect lots of questions as I dive deeper into the Kemper.

My first questions is, I checked the FW and it's 1.8.1. are there any glitches with the latest 2. something that I should be aware of? Any thing you don't like about the latest FW?

Thanks

• Be sure to read the unofficial WIKI, Lots of great suggestions. I got the BEST sounding clean tone by turning up the cabinet volume control. Made the sound extremely life like.....98% like a tube amp and warm.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• 125 presets banks with 5 rig slots in each bank

Is a floorboard needed to use the Performance Mode? I was wondering if you could take a factory profile and EQ it for several different patches. Like 4 or 5 versions of the same Profile?

• Be sure to read the unofficial WIKI, Lots of great suggestions. I got the BEST sounding clean tone by turning up the cabinet volume control. Made the sound extremely life like.....98% like a tube amp and warm.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure to read the WIKI and check out the cabinet volume control. Hmm, none of my cabs had a volume control. Just one more reason the Kemper is a great unit.

• Is a floorboard needed to use the Performance Mode? I was wondering if you could take a factory profile and EQ it for several different patches. Like 4 or 5 versions of the same Profile?

No you don't need a foot controller and yes that would be a use for performance mode.

Use the up /down/ left/ right Rig buttons to move through performance mode.