AMp auditions

• Cool video, thanks for sharing!

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I am not really a fan of Lukather, but hearing him play these chunky Blues riffs is quite revealling: he sounds great on each of all these amps. Ok, the guys in the studio for shure did a great job in selecting the best amps they could find for this. But after this selection the differences are pretty much deep in the details and they are less important than often we tend to think. So basically there is only two kind of amps: god ones and bad ones.

And one more thing: later at 24:55, when they are in the control room and the engineer is bringing up and down the faders of different mics, the differences in the sound are way much stronger than before on the audition. This is something I find very often when soundchecking with analog amps and especially when testing different rigs in the Profiler: compared to the type of amp, the micing is way much more important in bringing the final result towards or away from your personal ideal sound.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• And one more thing: later at 24:55, when they are in the control room and the engineer is bringing up and down the faders of different mics, the differences in the sound are way much stronger than before on the audition. This is something I find very often when soundchecking with analog amps and especially when testing different rigs in the Profiler: compared to the type of amp, the micing is way much more important in bringing the final result towards or away from your personal ideal sound.

So true!

• So basically there is only two kind of amps: god ones and bad ones.

I could be crazy, perhaps somewhat touched from the heat. I will avow and swear that you said damn well all of it when you said that. The simple truth can allude you when you go to figuring is got to be something magical or deeper than water is allowed to go... The truth is always to be found at a natural level. Right where it's supposed to be. I'm hopeful my tone brethren get the useful message from this video. Good ones and bad ones. Yep.