Loud noise when switching presets in performance mode

• If this has been addressed elsewhere, please show me where. For the first time, I have installed 2.0.1, and loaded rigs into performance mode, to be selected with my FCB1010(original, NO UNO chip). The problem is when I switch patches, there is a loud pop and unusable noise, as I step on the switch. This does not occur when I use another setup(VG88) with the same FCB. It very much reminds me of the channel switching "pop", on my 80's Mesa, before most companies developed noiseless switching of channels. This occurs when switching patches while still playing, I.e sustain notes, chords, etc.. Has anyone else dealt with this problem. As it stands, it is unusable, unless I stop playing for a moment, then switch. Thanks in advance!

• I am still hoping someone has heard of the problem listed above. It is an intermittent problem, but makes my rack unusable for public performance. I'm traveling to do a gig today, and cannot record the problem. Finally, I wanted to start using it live, tweaked all of my patches for this gig as the first time, and it sounds so bad I cannot use it. Even if I do not play, and start changing presets, using a
    non-uno Fcb1010, I get a loud pop, and after a few milliseconds, another very loud digital noise, similar to a gated reverb sound with harshness, regardless of the patch. If I switch 5 presets, in any order, out of 20 times, maybe 10 will start this noise. The FCB1010 works perfectly with my other gear. Do I need to start a support ticket, or is there a bug, or should I just cut to the chase and send it back to Sweetwater for repair? Maybe someone on the Kemper team can give some guidance.

• I think a list of all the components in your rack?
    do you have other components hook in the loop of the kemper?
    how are you monitoring ?
    What country are you in?

I'm suspecting there's a electrical problem outside of the kemper.

Are you saying this doe's not happen in browser mode?

Edited once, last by troynova ().

• Nothing but the Kemper straight into a pair of Mackie powered speakers. When I use my other equipment using everything the same, there is 0 problem. In fact, I am using all the same equipment on the road tonight, without the KPA. I was so jacked about using it too, but I just can't trust it as is. I think I had better open a ticket, as suggested, and maybe video tape the problem, to help them understand what is happening, better. I have never experienced any problem like this on any midi equipment before - very strange, as the noise is just as loud as the guitar! Thanks guys, for your responses!

• so does it happen in browser mode?

which FBC firmware are you using?
    does this only happen when switching from the foot controller.Does it happen when you use panel controls on the Kemper to switch slots in performance mode.

• Only with a midi PC command, no noise when switched manually. I have never switched programs in the browser, with the FCB, as I have never assigned PC #s other than performance mode. There is nothing subtle about the noise either, it is very loud. Disappointing to say the least. So, Monday, I will get in touch with support and start the process. Thanks again.

• Ok I think before you can pin the problem on the kemper you need to look at the midi data coming off the FCB1010

I assume your running older firmware on the FCB1010 pedal board since you say you programed PC#.

Are you also using one or two Midi cables? you really should be only using one cable with the older firmware FCB1010 .

• Yes, it is the original FCB, I only use midi out. As I said, only the Kemper exhibits any problem whatsoever. I have eliminated cable problems, mixers, etc., so it comes down to the Kemper, when receiving midi input. I am running 2.0.1, but never used the FCB with previous versions. The FCB is really built like a tank, and I have never had any problems, in many years of constant use. I gig 25 - 30 hrs. per week. It has been extremely reliable. Still is. My gig last night , sans Kemper, was flawless, using everything else the same.
    Thanks for your help. Is it necessary to open a support ticket first, before you send it to Sweetwater for repair? I do not wish to delay the process at all, while under warranty. It is far too expensive equipment to be having a repair done this soon (April). Perhaps I'll discuss having the LEDs replaced before they go out, like so many have. I wish Kemper had a "no lemon policy", cause I think I may have one. In fact, come to think of it, I haven't had many problems at all, with any other equipment, since I quit using tube amps, back in the mid 80's. So now my tube emulator has problems - ironic!

• Is it necessary to open a support ticket first, before you send it to Sweetwater for repair?

Actually I don't think so though I don't know the warranty conditions of Sweetwater. I would call them tomorrow.
    Opening a support ticket is a good idea nonetheless because it enables the mothership to become aware of problems so much faster and better.

• Ok so you say the Kemper works fine until you hook up the FCB1010 midi (with orignal firmware).

This is sounding more like a software midi problem then a hardware problem.

If you take the time to see what Midi commands your FCB1010 is sending that the Kemper responds
    in this way to, it might save you along process of sending it in and get it back with the same problem.
    Till they update.

• Thanks to all! When using either of those two midi programs, how will I know a midi command is not appropriate for the Kemper? I don't want to send it away, if possible, for sure. I still don't understand why the fixed midi message would cause problems in one module, and none in any other I have tried. Midi is a standard, and this is simply a program change number, so I assume that is not the source of the problem. And, to top it off, the problem is frequent but intermittent. Tomorrow I start with tech support, cause they have a great track record, as I have seen here on the forum.

• Thanks to all! When using either of those two midi programs, how will I know a midi command is not appropriate for the Kemper? I don't want to send it away, if possible, for sure. I still don't understand why the fixed midi message would cause problems in one module, and none in any other I have tried. Midi is a standard, and this is simply a program change number, so I assume that is not the source of the problem. And, to top it off, the problem is frequent but intermittent. Tomorrow I start with tech support, cause they have a great track record, as I have seen here on the forum.

It is possible that it also sends out various CC# values along with the PC. Depending on what those CC# are mapped to, units might behave differently.

I'm not familiar with the FCB1010, but don't you also have IA switches assigned? If so, check CC#'s and values.

Edited once, last by Trazan ().

• It is stock, not modified at all. Doesn't it take a 7pin midi for power anyway? I don't need anything more fancy than program changes, and the original FCB works great for that. The bottom row, and the inner exp pedal operate guitar sounds on channel 1, and the upper row, and outer exp pedal operate synths on channel 2. I am going to make a video, for the support team, today. If they don't object, I may post it here. I just don't want the video to get into the general public, for wannabe Kemper bashers. I do love my Kemper, just need to be able to use silent switching. :)