Loud noise when switching presets in performance mode

• @whippingpost Yes, neither my VG88, nor my GR30 have ever had this sort of problem. I opened up a support ticket today, but probably won't hear anything until tomorrow, due to the time difference. Come to think of it, I may try it with my FC300, to see if it happens there too.

Trazan What would I look for if I used one of these programs you suggested? There is only CC#7 and the program change number associated with my FCB.

• Trazan What would I look for if I used one of these programs you suggested? There is only CC#7 and the program change number associated with my FCB.

It will just make a list of the sequence on midi commands sent when you push a pedal. Easy to check before opening a support ticket.

Just to be sure...your Kemper is set to a single midi channel, not to Omni?

• When switching in performance mode manually with RIG up/down switches mostly (not always) i can hear these noises:
    Click here to listen a short example.
    Black lunchbox; 2.01 installed. Nothing connected to midi-ports or switch/pedal 1,2!!!
    :thumbdown:
    BTW: thanks to all you experts who make this forum so helpfull
    (sorry for my english)

All switching is pretty smooth here, except up/down in Performance mode. Is that when this happens? I rarely would switch rigs manually at a concert using up/down in PM though...

• @GZombie. The noise you recorded is similar to the one I am hearing, but since I have reverb in each program, the noise has a reverb element as well. I did open a support ticket, and they wish for me to do as Trazan suggested with the midi monitor info, and to send them a backup of my KPA. I don't know if they mean sysex, or what, so I will ask.

• All switching is pretty smooth here, except up/down in Performance mode. Is that when this happens?

Yes.

@GZombie. The noise you recorded is similar to the one I am hearing, but since I have reverb in each program, the noise has a reverb element as well. I did open a support ticket, and they wish for me to do as Trazan suggested with the midi monitor info, and to send them a backup of my KPA. I don't know if they mean sysex, or what, so I will ask.

I think the problem has nothing to do with the FCB. (same behavior – with or without my FCB connected)

• I agree. I just sent the support team, at their request, the backup file for my KPA. These folks are very quick to respond, and I also gave them a link to this thread, to see similar complaints. It wouldn't hurt to draw their attention to this problem by opening a ticket as well. In all likelihood, it is the same problem, but this may speed up the fix.

• Yep, it happens when selecting rigs in a different performance than the one you're currently in. Footswitch or local control makes no difference.

No need for a support ticket. Report it as a bug!

• OK I had it happen once without a pedal using the front panel rigs button switching up to a new performance that had only the initialised rig.

But could not get it to do it again.

• It is an intermittent problem. Support just told me they were able to duplicate my problem, and when the performance mode developer gets back from vacation, next week, they will seek a solution. These guys are super quick with responses to problems. Kudos!!!!!

• Today, I was notified by support that the issue, spoken of in this thread, will be addressed in the next firmware update.
    That is great news, and I hope it is soon, as I am anxious to use my Kemper live. Much thanks to support!!! :thumbup: