Delayed pitch shifted notes.

• It is not a must, but an attempt to establish an effect that is often used, but never brought yet to the guitar world.
    And it requires virtually no parameters.
    If we see in 20 years, that it has not made it's way to our culture, I will be happy to take it out again.

Ice cold, Mr CK ^^

What I would like to see is the ability to switch some of the dedicated FX post amp to preamp. In other words, allow us to choose our routing options for these FX.

I believe this would give us the edge to create cutting edge new sounds that have never been heard before with the quality that only the Kemper provides :thumbup:

• Ice cold, Mr CK ^^

What I would like to see is the ability to switch some of the dedicated FX post amp to preamp. In other words, allow us to choose our routing options for these FX.

I believe this would give us the edge to create cutting edge new sounds that have never been heard before with the quality that only the Kemper provides :thumbup:

Are you speaking of reverb and delay? All other effects can be placed in any effect slot.

• It is not a must, but an attempt to establish an effect that is often used, but never brought yet to the guitar world.
    And it requires virtually no parameters.If we see in 20 years, that it has not made it's way to our culture, I will be happy to take it out again.

I was pleasantly surprised by the vinyl stop because at first glance I thought it was one of those crackling vinyl effects that seem to get added to things... I'd never use that but this... is fun :P
    The delayed pitch shifting would be very welcome. I guess a step sequencer is out of the question... not many units have those... I can but dream 8)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• Delay on pitch will be nice. Missing that comapred to mye POd HD500. There i put the harmonizer in the left signal chain with a digital delay in front(settings about 20-25ms and FB at 50%). This makes the hramonized signal sound more like to guitars playing since the tone appears slighty after the original tone.
    Another function I liked on the POD is the ability to active more than one stomp on the same switch on the foot controller. With one switch I deactived the rythm delay and activated a lead delay with som more FB and volume, the dubbing delay in front of the Harmonizer and the Harmonizer.
    I hope there will be possible to run parallell effects after amp in a future firmware. LIke using a short delay on one side for dubbing effect or an Eq on one side to make sound a little wider.

Anyway the Kemper sounds much better overall then the HD500, so I want get back :)

• Quoted from thebrushwithin

Because very few know what to ask for, as they haven't heard it yet. Because you have the vision, and have started an evolution of guitar, not the first of course, but presently the best, by giving us a faithful replica of the past( in spades ), which draws in guitarists who would normally NEVER even consider anything but tubes, pedals, and 1/4 inch jacks. i have been a 13 pin addict, even 24 pin, so these extravagant effects appeal to someone like me, but would normally be somewhat alien to a traditional guitarist. With your expertise in synthesis, you could really change the old school guitarists, who you have brought into this family. They will give a try to anything you offer, I would bet. You have the guitar world's attention. Please don't hold back. Let's go somewhere! Roland has the chops, but a terrible attitude. You interact with us, and believe me, that is SO very refreshing.
    Anyway thanks for everything you have developed thus far![/quote]

Wise words,and most people really don't know what they want until you show them!
    I would also love to see all these wishes come true since i love playing with effects, and
    it is our own imagination that tells us what we need!
    Thanks for listening to us users CK.

Someone says the sky is the limit, but if you ask them where it ends, no one knows!

• Where is a delayed pitch shifter needed in Killer Queen?

At 1:48, Brian does the cascading bell thing that Queen were fond of for a bar or two. (think Bohemian Rhapsody "Magnifico o o o o")
    The harmony notes panned left and right come in one after another, I could do this live if one could delay each harmony note by a given amount.
    I would be spitting program change numbers at my KPA via Ableton and we would be playing to a click to save on the tap dancing though.

• At 1:48, Brian does the cascading bell thing that Queen were fond of for a bar or two. (think Bohemian Rhapsody "Magnifico o o o o")
    The harmony notes panned left and right come in one after another, I could do this live if one could delay each harmony note by a given amount.
    I would be spitting program change numbers at my KPA via Ableton and we would be playing to a click to save on the tap dancing though.

Well, you wouldn't be able to continue the solo, as the two or three notes keep standing :)
    Wouldn't be perfect, would it?

• I ask for the effect because I use it in my eventide pitch factor, but I'd like to use the Kemper for it instead. Pitch shifting with the ability to delay the shifted notes is what I'd like. Having the shifted notes set as 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc, plus trip and dotted variants of the master tempo, seems logical and easy to grasp, also have a repeats amount and maybe a feedback option like on the Eventide. Everyone on this thread is keen on the idea of having this feature.

Edited once, last by DaveB ().

• A further additional request is to have a filter on the pitch notes/voices.

In some instance you want to roll off the higher frequencies on the pitch note to better mix/blend with the original note.

Afterall no 2 guitar players will have exactly the same eq as each other and this is part of the magic of a two guitar harmonising band.

As we know many guitarists will be on the neck pickup whilst the other guitarist is on the bridge pickup. Add to that the two guitarists are never perfectly in sync and this is the reason to slightly delay the pitch notes to further replicate the effect of two guitarists.

Hopefully this can be implemented and if so my H8000 will be finally laid to rest.

• A good idea.
    Ideally there would be a doubling delay available with continuously varying delay times. This would simulate the inconsistencies in time between 2 guitarists.
    The old Line 6 Vetta 2 even had a parameter where it applied a compressor/expander to the harmonized signal to give it different dynamics. This was quite convincing then and I imagine this could be awesome NOW.

• I ask for the effect because I use it in my eventide pitch factor, but I'd like to use the Kemper for it instead. Pitch shifting with the ability to delay the shifted notes is what I'd like. Having the shifted notes set as 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc, plus trip and dotted variants of the master tempo, seems logical and easy to grasp, also have a repeats amount and maybe a feedback option like on the Eventide. Everyone on this thread is keen on the idea of having this feature.

It seems as the eventide pitch factor is the only pedal that can pull this off, and it would be so sweet if the kemper could pull this off to.. The pedal is expensive and i want to stay midiboard only !!

• Sorry guys, but I have strong opinions on this topic.

I have yet to hear cool and convincing examples of a pitch shifter with a long delay. The few examples that we heard where pretty academic to me. You should ask for a delay on every effect, why the pitch shifter? Well, I know, because it is on every pitch shifter of the competition.

Having a constant short delay on a pitch shifter does not make it less artificial, no matter what is stated or written somwhere. In my perception this is an approach to make it even sound more unnatural. Two guitarists never have a constant offset when they play together. Good guitarists have a changing delay, but so small that it is not perceivable. Does this make a dual solo sound artificial? Not at all.

Different filtering can be a good approach. We have that already implemented this with the formant correction and formant shift. It is the best step towards authenticity of a pitch shifter or harmonizer. Do you guys use it?

See, I am questioning features, that are taken over from device to device without reflecting the need and without considering better alternatives since decades. Journalists praise and explain these features since then, without really thinking about it. And in the end it is a well grown common sense that feels a bit arbitrary to me. I could name many other situations like this.

I will not add 4 to 6 parameters to the pitch shifter, where I cannot see that it will add a musical benefit.
    The parameters would be: delay (ms), delay in musical notes, feedback.
    Doubled for both pitch shifter voices. Many parameters, while I am trying to keep the profiler simple and effective.

Nobody is asking for loop filter in the pitch shifter delay, or a tape effect, or a ping pong delay. Why not? Is this beyond expectation or "not necessary" because no other device combines these features?

I don't want to blame you for requesting these features, this should be a motivation to discuss the best application of features.

• Cool. I won't waste any more time waiting and pick up a Digitech Timbender. I got the KPA thinking it would be a great all in one buut it seems my pedal board is bigger than when I used floorboard multi fx units. May need to rethink some things, I actually haven't plugged into the KPA in over a week...

• Cool. I won't waste any more time waiting and pick up a Digitech Timbender. I got the KPA thinking it would be a great all in one buut it seems my pedal board is bigger than when I used floorboard multi fx units. May need to rethink some things, I actually haven't plugged into the KPA in over a week...

Why you so angry, Will?

• Sorry guys, but I have strong opinions on this topic.

-- ok.

I have yet to hear cool and convincing examples of a pitch shifter with a long delay. The few examples that we heard where pretty academic to me. You should ask for a delay on every effect, why the pitch shifter? Well, I know, because it is on every pitch shifter of the competition.

-- ok, lets have a delay on every effect then.

Different filtering can be a good approach. We have that already implemented this with the formant correction and formant shift. It is the best step towards authenticity of a pitch shifter or harmonizer. Do you guys use it?

-- sometimes yes.

See, I am questioning features, that are taken over from device to device without reflecting the need and without considering better alternatives since decades. Journalists praise and explain these features since then, without really thinking about it. And in the end it is a well grown common sense that feels a bit arbitrary to me. I could name many other situations like this.

-- ok

I will not add 4 to 6 parameters to the pitch shifter, where I cannot see that it will add a musical benefit.
    The parameters would be: delay (ms), delay in musical notes, feedback.
    Doubled for both pitch shifter voices. Many parameters, while I am trying to keep the profiler simple and effective.

-- I disagree here. The musical benefit of adding delay is enormous. One note is played, then the shifted note can be played at a different beat position AND a different note position from the original - harmony and melody. Saying it has no musical benefit is silly. The parameters seem right to me and doubled for both voices. The extra parameters isn't going to complicate anything, it's an extra page on a menu system that you can scroll to, not an issue. Maybe it can't be done, maybe the hardware isn't capable of it.

Nobody is asking for loop filter in the pitch shifter delay, or a tape effect, or a ping pong delay. Why not? Is this beyond expectation or "not necessary" because no other device combines these features?

-- ok, lets have those too.

I don't want to blame you for requesting these features, this should be a motivation to discuss the best application of features.

-- ok, great. Delayed pitch shifting allows me to create a music sequence of harmony and melody from one note, it sounds cool and is great fun...