What are the worst things or the things you hate about the Kemper?

• I hate that the stock profiles (with some exceptions) are not at the same level as the paid ones (well... The Amp Factory profiles. I don't like the rest of paid profiles). In my opinion, including some TAF profiles was a first step in the right direction but still you have to spend money in order to make the KPA sound at full potential.

• I hate that the stock profiles (with some exceptions) are not at the same level as the paid ones (well... The Amp Factory profiles. I don't like the rest of paid profiles). In my opinion, including some TAF profiles was a first step in the right direction but still you have to spend money in order to make the KPA sound at full potential.

Yeah I had a similar experience back in 2012 when I tried one out. I was impressed, but not massively like in a OMG LIFECHANGE... kinda way.

Anyway... I just ordered one. Gonna try it out for the 7 day cooling off period, and will probably profile my Satriani JVM too.

• dont quite agree with that,i think there are hundreds of great profiles for free on the exchange which are just as good as paid for stuff,you gotta hunt them out though which i suppose can be time consuming and a bit hit and miss. but i agree that the TAF profiles are generally better than the stock ones.

Can you point out any good freebies to get me going when the unit gets here?

• I don't hate anything about Kemper. I am rather new owner (had it for less than 3 weeks), the biggest inconvenience is that I can't set it to SPDIF slave.

I don't really like when people put random tags in the profiles, makes searching by amp harder :)

Other than that, a PC editor/librarian would be very welcome, but I am pretty sure it's coming. I also think that factory profiles are great (I have Amp Factory pack 1 and it's great too).

• Hate is a big word, but I don´t like the program change time, also the lifting belt is really poor. And I miss more and more a liraian as well. One big thing is the Kemper foot controller! It works fine with my Yamaha MFC,... and other Midi controllers, but I´m sure the upcoming Kemper controller will fit better, because it doesn´t need an extra powersupply, is small enough for the Bag...!?

For the future an option to profile (Overdrive,...-) Pedals would be great! Also an extra small Kemper "player" , without profiling to keep it small, would be fantastic, as an floor pedal! Maybe as small for a Guitar gigbag :D

for me the colors are boring. the white one reminds to my old commodore amiga computer ;) the black one is not my taste also. so i'm glad about labrats new kpa skins! he showed me a version - wow, i'm very impressed! :) 8o

• Honestly the worst thing about it is that parts of it are still a work in progress.

I really have to disagree with you... I'm so glad its not all finished... and I think it will always have something to upgrade as time goes on

this is still the best and most amazing piece of equipment I have even had.. sorry but I actually feel a little pissed, what more could you possibly need

don't take me too seriously :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• #1 on my wishlist is USB audio.

You have to sync your sequencer software to one (and only one) audio interface. You can't run multiple audio interfaces at the same time without some nasty and half-assed tricks (ASIO4ALL). So I can't see much added flexibility with USB audio in the Profiler. You're much better off with a decent audio interface with multiple Ins and Outs and some routing, imho.

• Biggest complaints for me:
    - i will have to shield my strat because now i can hear even the slightest details ;)
    - for the same reason, i will have to improve my technique
    - loss of sleep since I receive it, can't stop playing

Other than that, I can use my old Pod HD - with the Kemper in the loop - to work around the things I miss:
    - looper
    - usb audio interface
    - footswitch + expression pedal
    - additional delays

• Can you point out any good freebies to get me going when the unit gets here?

well yes i can,but a lot depends what type of sounds you are looking for.my kempers are mainly filled with hi-gain stuff,and a small number of cleans. i could give you the names to search for on the exchange if you are into hi-gain. otherwise a really good way to find good stuff is to go through the posts in the free rigs and profiles section of the forum and just check out the profiles that people have been recommending.
    when you get your Kemper post a thread in the free rigs section asking for recommendations for profiles in whichever style you are after and you will get plenty of ideas from the very helpful members here. :)

• You have to sync your sequencer software to one (and only one) audio interface.

Not true. I've used my Firestudio Mobile, RP355 and RP155 interchangeably with my Macbook with no ill effects.

You can't run multiple audio interfaces at the same time without some nasty and half-assed tricks (ASIO4ALL).

I have no need to run multiple interfaces simultaneously. I do have a need to record quick ideas late at night while my Firestudio Mobile is stowed away under my bed.

So I can't see much added flexibility with USB audio in the Profiler.

I guess your needs differ from my needs (and the needs of the other folks who have voted USB audio as the #3 most requested feature).

You're much better off with a decent audio interface with multiple Ins and Outs and some routing, imho.

No, I'm not.

• I really have to disagree with you... I'm so glad its not all finished... and I think it will always have something to upgrade as time goes on

this is still the best and most amazing piece of equipment I have even had.. sorry but I actually feel a little pissed, what more could you possibly need

don't take me too seriously :)

I Love my kemper :love: I love upgrades :love: but for something to be a upgraded it first has to work properly otherwise its bug that need fixing these are the parts that are a work in progress :D .

• I read the whole thread and the editor/librarian pops up a lot. That for me is a bugbear too because there is not one and as someone else pointed out lots of kit has that as standard (I think often at launch). But it's not a hate thing, the KPA is great no question with or without it.

I still think there should be a 'menu' map because when guys use my unit they don't easily find their way around so quickly... but again it's not a hate thing. I did raise that point before but it seems no one else has that issue... really? It can be frustrating having someone use the KPA and you have to keep repeating yourself many time to many different people re the menu system.

Indeed this thread appears to make more suggestions for improvement rather than 'hate' things by a long way. But maybe there are some 'hate things' (like the guy who had his crash and can't now trust his KPA) but put in his exact situation maybe he has a point.

I liked the introduction of the performance mode which was a long time coming and without that for such a long time (Jan 12) I often wondered if it would be coming any time soon or was just something that one day could appear if we were lucky. Thankfully it did arrive.

And the last thing that some guys might not like (it has not been mentioned on this thread unless I missed it) is the failure of the LED's around the knobs which seems a common fault reported on here many times. You might not like it too much if yours failed and the KPA had to be returned for repair - or worse - returned more than once.. if it has not happened to you then you might not see the 'hate' in that (again is that the right word). But that's just general comment really from what I read on this forum and hopefully the replacement LED's have offered a permanent fix. I would dislike the aspect of those LED's failing on my unit immensely.

So I think 'hate' is maybe for most guys a little strong... maybe 'dislike' is better.

Kemper does a great job of a unique product and I'm sure it will continue to get better over time... but that editor/librarian is getting a little long in the tooth for me too and it can be a dislike bearing in mind that Roland and others have them on some quite cheap kit.

So until it arrives (who knows when) enjoy the KPA - it's 1000 times better than when I first bought one in January 2012 ;)

Careful I'm watching you...