Powerrack/head rebate....how does this work?

• Hi ,

I always figured that to get the Powerrack/head version of the KPA, that you would have to buy it direct from Kemper.... cool, yeah, thats grand and all that...

But if thats so, how come I cant see any Power version of the KPA in the Kemper online store?
    I tried changing my country to UK, USA...even Germany (to see if perhaps it was a "home team advantage" kind of thing ;) )

The only retailer I could find on the net that is stocking Power versions in Europe is Thomann, and I dont think they will honour the rebate promise of Kemper for e300.

Any chance we could get an official word as to how the rebate program will work?

Thanks
    -DD

• The voucher is only good at the Kemper online store. You can already download the PDF at the news page on the Kemper website and apply for the voucher and as soon as it gets listed as available in the Kemper online store you can buy it from there.

• please check out the Kemper Online Store. If you scroll the product selection, you should see PowerHead and PowerRack available for the upgrade program.

Yeah, it became available a day or two after I posted this! Go figure :rolleyes: ! :)

• I hate to say it, but it's unbelievably lame that I can't upgrade my Kemper myself or through a central service centre. I bought the KPA on the promise that I would be able to upgrade my CURRENT KPA, not having to sell my old one for a loss and buy a new one at a premium price through the online store.

I think this has been handled very poorly considering those of us who have had one for close to 2 or more years are basically getting the shaft from Kemper after placing trust in a company with an unfinished product. Seems like blatant false advertising to me....

• I think this has been handled very poorly considering those of us who have had one for close to 2 or more years are basically getting the shaft from Kemper after placing trust in a company with an unfinished product. Seems like blatant false advertising to me....

Two years ago the Kemper was selling for 1449€ and the power amp upgrade wasn't announce at all. This came later and the upgrade was given a price tag around 600€.
    Some month later the price of the KPA was increased to 1549 and then 1559€ (internet prices, the Kemper price was always around 50€ higher).

The upgrade option then was obvious not possible, this mistake by a small company, that hasn't dealt before with EU directives etc, is of course a pity, but I wouldn't impute wrong advertising. They already sold more KPA that they could produce, where is the point to increase sales and risk bad reputation. There was no need to run in that trap if they would have know what they know know.

On the contrary, Kemper could have just said, sorry guys, we're not allowed to drop in the power amp afterwards, bad luck. But they do care for the early adapters and give you a 350€ rabatte (announced were 300€, but obvious someone at Kemper has checked used prices). The power amp option was announced as a 600€ upgrade. So in the end you get not only the power amp, but get a new Kemper (for those who have their KPA for 2 years, your warrenty is in some way refreshed) and even if you pay 50-100€ more by selling the KPA in a bad deal, you get what you want in the end, with a refreshed set of hardware.

I even bought the Powered version without waiting for the rebate (I guess Kemper will have a hugh backlog, and I didn't want to wait any longer) and sold my old version (mentioning that it's "upgradable") for 1400€ (this is a great deal for someone who want to buy e.g. a Kemper head for the road and a rack for his studio, saving for both units).
    I paid for the upgrade 700€ which is ok for me considering the announced 600€ upgrade option and my refreshed warranty (even 3 years from my seller).

What I tried to point out. I don't see the loss you're complaining about. You even get new hardware (maybe improved, at least my new version has a better painting), new warranty etc... you can even wait to sell your old unit until you get the powered version. Compared to an upgrade of you current Kemper, which would have been needed to be send to a service centre, you don't need to miss playing with a KPA for a single day.

If you don't like the Kemper deal, you could also go for a third party power amp upgrade for 350-500€, even giving you an option to power a stereo cap or wait for the matrix module. Nothing has changed for that option, and the Kemper Upgrade path, in fact, has no disadvantages compared to the earlier announced 600€ upgrade as I have summarized above.

• There is a hole in the back where a power amp has always been supposed to go. Since I heard of the Kemper I have known this.
    Most people can't afford to buy both.

Also, look at the shipping coming from the Kemper Store to Canada, with duties, taxes, brokerage fees and shipping, the price is astronomical. With all that in, I'd be looking at $3200 AFTER the rebate. It'd be like buying 2 non-powered versions as the price is almost exactly double what I paid for my profiler. It is absolutely ludicrous that we are forced to buy from the Kemper store and not locally.
    So sorry, the power amp is not worth $1600 and Kemper has basically screwed all the people who believed we could upgrade our unit with a proprietary Kemper branded power amp.