Kemper delaying production?

• I just got this word from my rep at sweetwater.
    What kind of business practice is this? Or is it because they have some problem in production?
    Needless to say I find this very frustrating.

I have received official word that Kemper will be delaying this amp along with a few other products of theirs. I have been given an official ETA of 09/27/13. Its a bit further out then I originally thought. I figured Id just let you know.

Unbelievable

Edited 2 times, last by Glowing_Tubes: Poorly chosen words ().

• Why not check what another dealer says? Maybe it's Kemper, maybe Sweetwater has you further down the line than expected?

• I can tell you that this time of year, many many products are out of stock because it falls in between product cycles. The process of manufacturing is such that things are usually done in batches. If you are caught in between those batches then you have to wait. I had to wait the longer than this amount of time when I ordered my Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier (as well as many other products). I didn't go on their message board and accuse them of dubious business practices!

Kemper is a modest but, high-quality company not a mass-produced Chinese factory conglomerate (not unlike Mesa Boogie or PRS). In my business I do a lot of work with Sennheiser, Shure, and a few others and they are the EXACT same way. There will be 10,000 available one month and zero the next. You can't predict sales ahead of time.

Also, looking at Sweetwater's site, there are still several models in stock. You don't even specify which one you are looking at getting!

J

• If you go to Sweetwater's site and actually click on "Add to cart" you will find that they only have the powerhead in stock. OP ordered a lunchbox.

• I can tell you that this time of year, many many products are out of stock because it falls in between product cycles. The process of manufacturing is such that things are usually done in batches. If you are caught in between those batches then you have to wait. I had to wait the longer than this amount of time when I ordered my Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier (as well as many other products). I didn't go on their message board and accuse them of dubious business practices!

Kemper is a modest but, high-quality company not a mass-produced Chinese factory conglomerate (not unlike Mesa Boogie or PRS). In my business I do a lot of work with Sennheiser, Shure, and a few others and they are the EXACT same way. There will be 10,000 available one month and zero the next. You can't predict sales ahead of time.

Point taken and you are right, I agree.
    I think it's the way my rep worded his email which was perceived by me to sound like Kemper was delaying production for some unknown reason.
    Perhaps the reason is as you stated, in which case my problem really then is with my dealer.
    I've always felt sweetwater was a good company so either way, what once was a couple weeks out is now near 3 months.
    The reason I went with sweetwater was a no financing deal for 2years. So looks like a very long wait.
    Apologies to Kemper if I interpreted the email incorrectly.