Midi programming with the Fender Mustang

• Hi all.

I've just purchased a Mustang Floor to use as a backup and a midi floor controller for my Kemper.

My question is, how to I program the Mustang's FX buttons to send specific midi CC#s to the Kemper? The preset buttons work fine -- when I push 1 - 5 they recall the 1-5 presets on the Kemper. However, when I push -- for example -- the delay button in FX Select mode on the Mustang, it turns on the X effect on the Kemper, not the delay effect.

Is there a way to program the Stomp, Mod, Delay and Reverb buttons on the Mustang to send specific CCs to the Kemper?

Thanks!

• No need to be such an ********.

I thought maybe someone here owned both and had experience. If you don't know the answer, don't post. Pretty simple. Or do you go around saying the same thing to people looking for programming help with their non-Kemper FCB1010s?

Edited once, last by Axe41 ().

• BTW the idea of using the Mustang floor for backup & Midi is a great one

Fenders Mustangs are great I owned a Mustang IV and its what sold me on the Idea

That Amp modeling is possible.

Hope you can get it to work.

• lol @ lazy.

I spent an hour trying to get it to work. The manual -- all 12 pages of it -- contains no information on how to program any of the switches for midi save for the expression pedal. And I posted at the Fender forum but so far have received no replies.

But thanks for the helpful feedback.

• http://support.fender.com/manu…_manual_English_rev-B.pdf

http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=74486

Read the Advanced Fender Mustang Floor Manual in the last pages and see the MIDI Appendix. Expression pedal can be mapped to send a different MIDI CC# for every patch, and also send patch change commands - limited to 0-99

how to I program the Mustang's FX buttons to send specific midi CC#s to the Kemper?

Not sure if any MIDI messages may be sent when the the Mustang Floor is in "Stompbox" mode. (use a third party "MIDI Sniffer" like a spare PC/Mac and a MIDI adapter and run MIDI -Ox (Win)or Snoize (OSX) ) and remember NO MIDI Messages are available via the Mustang Floor USB connection.
    * Note ALL the MIDI I/O data from the Mustang Floor is available only via the 5pin DIN MIDI I/O Ports.

• Well I looked over fender's midi implementation and came to the conclusion

That the CC# assignments are fix and can not be changed

So the Idea of it as a midi controller for the kemper is very limited if not usless.

Edited 2 times, last by troynova ().

• For those of you thinking of this option -- the official word from Fender is that the only switch that is programmable is the expression pedal. The other switches are all hard coded and cannot be changed.