Lasse Lammert Pack (It´s here, THANK YOU Kemper!)

• I call bullshit. :rolleyes:

It's not. We're not best buds or anything, but I know him in person, and he's good friends with some big studio guys. He's not giving up the profiles, though. Believe me, I've tried! :P

• It's not. We're not best buds or anything, but I know him in person, and he's good friends with some big studio guys. He's not giving up the profiles, though. Believe me, I've tried! :P

Thank you no dice ;).... Think what you want there Webb, :) believe or not, a few of those guys listed above are close personal friends of mine.. They do have "normal" lives outside of the studio, and Internet conversations :)

• Also for those asking for clips, I plan to do that, and it's the least I can do so you all can hear for a point of reference... Not a full mix this weekend, but I'll make clips of the profiles I do have. Mono, dual and quad tracked.

• So why bring it up if no one else is ever going to get to use these magical profiles? ?( Suggesting everyone's Kemper tone is 'laughable' unless you have these special profiles which no one but a select few will have is a bit elitist, no?

• So why bring it up if no one else is ever going to get to use these magical profiles? ?( Suggesting everyone's Kemper tone is 'laughable' unless you have these special profiles which no one but a select few will have is a bit elitist, no?

Okay look, I'm done playing nice guy here...You all are attacking ME over NOTHING. what exactly do you want me to say here? Sorry that these engineers who get PAID to do this for a living make better profiles? Is that some kind of revelation? Is it a SHOCKING idea that yes, in fact, some of the top engineers in the world who use the Kemper have (gasp) better sounding profiles than joe blow on the user forum? MAYBE Just MAYBE I gave the idea of putting sound clips up so you all can HEAR what THESE guys hear...And the REAL braniacs will be smart and atleast try and match EQ them and do whatever they want with them. I share any and all information I can on this forum about anything related to the kemper and artists and engineers I know who use it and what they do with it, and now I have people giving me a hard time because I give my opinion?

I never said they were "magical", those were your words. What I DID say is that YES I can understand how Lasse Feels that way (weither or not he should voice it like that is a different story, as I don't know what he said), after hearing some of his profiles, and some other "big names" in the industry who use it. It really is clear that micing an amp to get a great sound on a record is not as simple as just spending a few minutes on a 4x12 cab with a mic. I know for a fact the guys at audiohammer will literally spend HOURS trying to get the right sound and placement for what they are trying to go for. THAT is all i was saying bro.....

I honestly wouldn't blame lasse for NOT releasing his pack at this point. If his sounds are as good as they say they are, why would he want the entire world to be able to use them? IF ANYTHING (and unfortunately I guess if you look at it like that!) It's a testament to just HOW GOOD the kemper REALLY is..Lasse makes a living ( i believe anyways) doing records, the last thing he would want is his sounds open and free to the public. In a way, the kemper is a curse in a blessing, if you really stop and think about it. If you ever see colin, or sneap, or suecof, or lewis ever release their sounds and profiles (which isn't going to happen) I would bet money they wouldn't be anything close to up to par as what they use in the studio...and honestly, why should they?

• I personally don't see why would you even go comparing the two, an industry standard grade tone to something someone made for fun as a hobby. (Not refering to you VESmedic, just in general).

That's like comparing your wife's meatballs to the filet mignon at a restaurant (and with this example you see why that would be a bad idea as well). :D

• Doesn't all the high-gain metal sounds sound the same anyways? *ducking and running* :D

(just kidding guys)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I think VES made his point perfectly clear there, and thats all that should be said about that. If anything be thankful that he might considers uploading some soundclips - if you don´t want to hear them (because you don´t want to know what can be achieved by the best) just don´t listen to them - problem solved.

And now instead of arguing we could all just start to be happy and stoked because we MIGHT have some brilliant profiles from Lasse soon. :)

• Doesn't all the high-gain metal sounds sound the same anyways? *ducking and running* :D

(just kidding guys)

In a not so far galaxy, that is actually not so far from the truth, Kemper wise anyhow. Before my Kemper, I would watch Ola's YT videos and idolize how he could seemingly effortlessly make both high and low gain amps sound bad ass heavy. With the Kemper, it seems that a lot of high gain profiles branch from the same high gain starting point and the skilled tweaking is actually differentiating them apart and making them sound like their respective profiled amps.

I know there is a lot to it than that but it is the different starting and finishing points that really change perspectives between the two scenarios.

• If you ever see colin, or sneap, or suecof, or lewis ever release their sounds and profiles (which isn't going to happen) I would bet money they wouldn't be anything close to up to par as what they use in the studio...and honestly, why should they?

Boy, after that, I hope Lasse Lammert doesn't nerf the profiles he's giving us. In which case, he really shouldn't bother, we'll be fine, so long and thanks for all the fish :S

Haven't really moved past the factory profiles yet, but I hear great things about users like nakedzen and r.u.sirius doing so much good work for the community for free. I would be happy to use their "inferior" sounds captured using SM57s in their basement or attic or whatever. :thumbup:

If you don't want to put out clips because you're scared people will "EQ match", I don't know what to say. That's kind of like Catch 22. Tones to make all the hobbyists look incompetent. But oh, you can't put them out in public because then "we'd all know what good tone sounds like". :thumbdown:

Not being confrontational, but that's too condescending, especially given the hard work and generosity of some of the users.

• I just emailed about the subject and here's what they wrote:

"Hi,
    sorry, I can't name a concrete date, but....I know that my co-worker Don is working on the Lasse Rigs,
    that means it won't take too long.
    I hope that over the next two month there will also be some Rigs done by Franz Plasa and a bluesy One Amp Pack by Peter Fischer.

best
    Manfred"

Soon my friends 8)

• I don't remember even saying that comment and did not even find it in this thread. If I were to comment about it I would say they probably would release (Whether paid or free) what they use to us. Its not like people that use the same amps as famous bands go and steal their signature sound and make an album with it. There is just too much equipment and settings that are in between an amp sound the sound you hear on an album. Heck I can hardly ever sound close to a soundcloud clip with a profile let alone the differences that happen to the sounds after mixing and mastering. I love some of Ola's tones but don't care for hardly any of his profiles. People just have different ways of getting to their intended outcomes of sound.

• Good news! Thanks for writing to Kemper and giving us a update on this! I´m really really stoked for the pack!

• I don't remember even saying that comment and did not even find it in this thread. If I were to comment about it I would say they probably would release (Whether paid or free) what they use to us. Its not like people that use the same amps as famous bands go and steal their signature sound and make an album with it. There is just too much equipment and settings that are in between an amp sound the sound you hear on an album. Heck I can hardly ever sound close to a soundcloud clip with a profile let alone the differences that happen to the sounds after mixing and mastering. I love some of Ola's tones but don't care for hardly any of his profiles. People just have different ways of getting to their intended outcomes of sound.

That was me that said that, based on my knowledge of knowing a few of these guys very well. Not sure why that got quoted as you stating this :)

• K well that makes more sense then. Still if they do claim to have some superior skills for making profiles I would think they would want to get in on the paid profile bandwagon since there are a lot of people dishing out money right now. Once the market is flooded with profiles, there will only be a select few with the skill and experience to "wow" people enough to make them want to buy profiles.

• On the subject on awsome metal profiles: Did you guys know that Trivium used Kemper to record their latest album?

"What amps are you using on the record?

"On the mix we’re using a Kemper. We tracked with a Peavey 5150 like we normally do, and in the mix stages once everything else got finalised the guitars just needed a little bit more to ‘em than what we had tracked with so we ended up re-amping it with a Kemper right into the board"

Here's the whole interview: http://iheartguitarblog.com/20…viums-corey-beaulieu.html
    Here's how the album sounds like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIvSXocE6YY#t

Hearing this youtube video makes me think even more that VES is right on the subject. There's no way "regular users" can compete with professionals producers.

• I´m a laiman at production but just simply out of logical reasons I would say that It always was and should be quite obvious that people who are legends in the metal community are able to achieve superior sounds and therefore profiles than the average person who isn´t working in a studio for a living. However - and thats really just my personal opinion on this matter - I do think that with the profiles from "regular" guys here, there can be achieved insanely good sounds that are good enough for every talented studio-person to make them sound killer with the right mixing and mastering.