Lasse Lammert Pack (It´s here, THANK YOU Kemper!)

• So VESmedic, how do these compare to the others you've tried, Sneaps/Corey's etc? Listening to Trivium's album and holy shit....! I reckon Lasse's could stand up.

I personally think they are great for sure. I mean, as far as how they stand up, well, thats an opinion thing I guess. I can tell you these are micd very well though for sure, someone with an ear made these haha! What i CAN do is, a clip of lasses 5153, and then one I have from colin/sneap 5153. Play the same riff etc, and let you all decide. In fact I think thats a good idea and will probably do that here in a few. However, the one that colin reamped vengeance falls with is a totally different cab (krank 4x12) and different mics ( sm57, and a DB112) so of course, it IS going to sound different. While that krank cab is loaded with V30s, it is absolutely amazing how different 2 cabinets sound with the exact same speakers. A profile is only as good as the guy mixing with it too, that's for sure, I'm sure anyone would agree with that. Colins profile is much thicker and heavier on the low end, and a tad darker. He also loves to EQ afterwards with a real expensive EQ, I forget the name of it, someone here probably knows what I'm referring to though.

• As requested, here you guys go....this is 8 quick takes, same riff, no EQ, no tweaking. Of course they could be tweaked to more your liking. Also another thing I've learned: alot of these guys just have a knack for hearing a micd up amp, and being able to pinpoint certain things that NONE of us would proabbly hear, that would make it sound great in a mix. For instance, just watching the guys at audiohammer reamp: They will often use the same cab, same mic etc, and run 4 or 5 different heads through it. And the tones are extremely similiar. Much as you might find in lasse's pack : you can tell he uses the same mic combinations and positions and cabinet alot of times. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. So i ask, why have multiple amps if it is often the cabinet and mic that seems to make all the difference in the world: Those little nuance differences can be huge in a mix. Try and keep that in mind. If i were to record an album right now, I would more than likely probably "trust" lasse's profiles right from the get go, and use them right from the beginning.

Anyways, I am rambling. Heres the links : Lasse 5153, colin 5153: The battles starts!

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3/colin-sneap-5153

https://soundcloud.com/truckguy3/lasse-5153

EDIT: aLSO: guitar used: les paul studio, bare knuckle aftermath, C# sharp tuning

• hey lasse, Ill send you one so you can send me one, not sure what's up with my settings...

Check your Communication settings. You may have activated this Option:

Receive private messages only from friends
    If you enable this option, only friends can send you private messages.

• I like both clips. The colin sneap profile has more bottom end but doesn't sound as exciting as lasse's profile. Lasse's profile seems to be more ready for a mix. It already has this nice "shine" to it but it lacks a little bottom end.
    For me it's a tie. If i was a good mixer i would probably choose the colin-sneap profile as i think it is easier to make a guitarsound more bright/exciting then to make a sound with little body to sound thicker/fuller.
    But since im a terrible mixer i would chose lasses more mix ready profile.

BTW is there a boost pedal in front of the colin-sneap 5153 profile? If not that would probably explain the more bottom heavy sound.

Thanks for the clips :thumbup:

• Wow Lasse ! These are all keepers for me, thank you. I'm still having a hard time believing the clarity and definition of these with some of them pretty much maxed out in gain and still crisp sounding.

I'd like to donate $20 towards your profiling fund if you have a paypal email or else I'll find a cd or shirt to buy if you don't. If your taking requests for the next batch, I would love some 5150/6505 profiled like you did with ChugChug (or whatever you decide works best for those amps).

• Wow. The Colin profile sounds insane. I could put this right on a track without any EQíng at all and it would sound better than anything I ever were able to produce or have my studio guys produce or even have most of the bands I´m friends with (who recorded their stuff in high-end studios) get with their recordings. I now understand why VES said it´s great but also bad to know what this sounds like. Now everything will sound mediocre in comparison.

Unless I hire a crew of 10 master thiefs and break into your kemper. My Ocean Kemper 11 team :D

• Nice playing and tones man! Although I think the Lasse clip is slightly louder giving it an unfair advantage to be "better". :D

nah it aint the fabfilter: outboard piece, not a plugin. MLV EQ or something like that? kinda rare, I just forget the name, escaping me at the moment.

i nearly always put a stereo Massenberg GML 8200 EQ across the rhythm guitars

• Bingo, nakedzen is correct obviously here. He uses a real GML 8200 on just about everything. Insane sounding EQ. Glad you Guys dig both! I'll Do some more with different guitars, tuning etc if anyone's Interested.

• Wow. The Colin profile sounds insane. I could put this right on a track without any EQíng at all and it would sound better than anything I ever were able to produce or have my studio guys produce or even have most of the bands I´m friends with (who recorded their stuff in high-end studios) get with their recordings. I now understand why VES said it´s great but also bad to know what this sounds like. Now everything will sound mediocre in comparison.

Unless I hire a crew of 10 master thiefs and break into your kemper. My Ocean Kemper 11 team :D

Yeah hopefully they are just getting some hype up for some paid profiles instead of just teasing us. "Hey guys check out my unicorn. No, you can't touch my unicorn". Don't get me wrong, nobody should feel obligated to have to share anything if they do not want to. I'm happy with what is available for profiles and they will only get better as tips and tricks of the trade for great profiles leak as time goes on.