why cant you buy the poweramp for a kemper you alredy own?

• I really like the kemper and its a great unit , but they were made with a giant hole in the back in anticipation of putting a poweramp back there, now ther poweramp is in production but you cant buy it without buying a whole new kemper . Kemper has mentioned they will lose their safety certificate on those electrical devices, what if the customer was ok with that could we purchase the unit then ?

I personally don't need a certificate and I dont want to pay 2000 (minus the 400 discount ) for the power amp and a new kemper when all want is the power amp. I just think its a big oversight because the units were produced with a space in the back and a connector for a power amp and now the connector isn't useful for anything on all the original units out there Couldn't kemper offer to sell the power amps and just void the safety certificates to keep the customers happy ? I'm ok with that

thanks

• A company can't waive your right to sue them if they provide the method and instrument to modify their product. The fact that you promised not to sue in advance has little value in court. A third rate hack attorney would have a field day in court in that situation. The UL listing certification and whatever overseas certs would be lost and they would be open to litigation in the advent the installer got hurt. An improperly installed power amp can be potentially deadly. The ground on your guitar, which is connected to your strings, goes through the guitar chord to the amp. If the line and neutral are inverted or the line shorts to the chassis and its ungrounded, a lethal shock could (will) occur. Kemper has decided this is not a position they want to be in.

bd

• A company can't waive your right to sue them if they provide the method and instrument to modify their product. The fact that you promised not to sue in advance has little value in court. A third rate hack attorney would have a field day in court in that situation. The UL listing certification and whatever overseas certs would be lost and they would be open to litigation in the advent the installer got hurt. An improperly installed power amp can be potentially deadly. The ground on your guitar, which is connected to your strings, goes through the guitar chord to the amp. If the line and neutral are inverted or the line shorts to the chassis and its ungrounded, a lethal shock could (will) occur. Kemper has decided this is not a position they want to be in.

bd

A precise writeup on why one can't upgrade to KPA power amp :!:
    This is just ready for the wiKPA.

• its not just that anyone cant upgrade themselves its that kemper wont even upgrade it , they only offer the option of selling you a new one with a power amp which is expensive , but I like the camplifer idea thanks for that ill probably go that route

bd

this is true , but this could happen with any amplifier , if it loses the ground wire , and "death caps" caps from hot wire to the chasis have been on amps for years, its a simple solution to explain to someone that green is ground and black is hot, but i dont see why any of that matters if the power amp just simply plugs in to the socket thats on the back , apparently it takes additional wiring of the line voltage also , how about just having a standard iec power cord connector on the power amp just like the kemper has then no wiring is required . I just dont see th epoint in a unit with a giant hole designed in the back for a power amp and then it will never be utilized ,

Kinda like its unfinished,

also if your really worried abou tgetting shocked use isolation transformers between your guitar and the amp or kemper , like this one here

http://www.amazon.com/Lehle-P-…ce-Splitter/dp/B001ESLQM8

using iso out of this into kemper keeps your guitar totally isolated if 120v somehow connects to the gnd line of the guitar input on the kemper you will not get shocked

• Why not arrange for Kemper to install the poweramp at their factory?

I too am a bit miffed that I have to buy a whole new Kemper after being told at the start that the poweramp would be installable later.
    Its bad form on Kempers part, no 2 ways about it.

I mean, its not like its easy to sell these things nowadays. Most guitarists dont have the level of cash (e1200 or so) to make it worth your while selling the poweramp-less version in order to upgrade.
    Most of them offer you "trades", usually for their junk such as old fenders that no one wants, Axe FX 2s.... ( :P )

Seriously though, its hard to sell things nowadays privately unless you are willing to take a massive hit on it, which is something that most of us looking to upgrade cant afford to do.
    I hope that KPA matrix installable amp thingy becomes available soon....

Oh and e2150 is stteeeeeeeeeeepppp (ie, very expensive) for the poweramp, even with the fairly low e350 rebate offer. I think the rebate should be higher, seeing as how those of us looking to upgrade will be having a tough time doing so.

Thanks