How come switching performances you start in the same slot as the last performance?

• I would think that when you switch to a new performance that it would start with the first rig slot instead of being in the slot you last finished in the previous performance.

• Switching performances via MIDI is a bank change. On my Roland FC-300 there is a setting called "Wait for a num". This means: In a first step the bank (the performance) is changed, but no slot is engaged. I have to push one of the number pedals in a second step to engage one of the five slots. If your MIDI-Controller doesn't have the option "Wait for a num" only the bank is switched and the slot is automatically engaged, depending on how many single PC# are within a bank change (puh, hard to explain in english). For example: On the FC-300 a bank contains five PC#. If the option "Wait for a hum" is not engaged and I'm (for example) on PC# 8, I'm automatically on PC#13 (8 plus 5) after a bank change.

Hope this helps.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• This happens Manually from the front panel if you switch to a new performance is automatically loads the rig in the slot position of your last performance.

I use a Uno for Kemper FCB1010 also if you switch to a new performance is automatically loads the rig in the slot position of your last performance.

It just seems that if it automatically loads a rig it should be the first slot of a performance when switching to a new performance.

• The Uno4Kemper firmware is leveraging MIDI control change # 48/49 in order to step or scroll up/down the list of performances. And these follow currently the same logic as if you would use the navigation cross up/down buttons. If you had for example loaded slot 4 before, slot 4 will be loaded again in another performance. We are considering changing this logic and offering a user preference:

a. Slot 1 is loaded immediately as soon as another performance has been selected.

b. No slot is loaded when another performance has been selected until one of the five slots is explicitely selected. This way people could already navigate to another performance while they keep playing the slot/rig currently loaded.

This has nothing to do with MIDI bank select followed by a program change #, which can be used to adress any of the 625 slots directly - if your controller has such capabilities. Stepping through the internal patch banks of a footcontroller like Roland FC 300 is even another subject. The Uno4Kemper firmware totally overcomes any internal patch architecture, which is limited to 100 patches within the standard FCB1010. This way Uno4Kemper can scroll through all 125 performances and select all 625 slots of our Performance Mode.

• +1 for me!

It would save me a lot of embarrassment on stage. I have all my main rhythms set up on Slot 1 and leads on Slot 5. We have a lot of songs where I end with a lead, then I advance to the next song and sometimes it takes me a minute or so to realize that I'm on a really loud lead Slot 5 instead of the normal volume Slot 1.

Kind of like the stage equivalent of driving around with your blinker on! :wacko:

J

• The Uno4Kemper firmware is leveraging MIDI control change # 48/49 in order to step or scroll up/down the list of performances. And these follow currently the same logic as if you would use the navigation cross up/down buttons. If you had for example loaded slot 4 before, slot 4 will be loaded again in another performance. We are considering changing this logic and offering a user preference:

a. Slot 1 is loaded immediately as soon as another performance has been selected.

b. No slot is loaded when another performance has been selected until one of the five slots is explicitely selected. This way people could already navigate to another performance while they keep playing the slot/rig currently loaded.

Hey, just curious to see if anyone on the Kemper team has looked into this recently? It's one thing I keep running into trouble with (trying to make quick bank/patch transitions between some songs). Personally, option B would be ideal. Thanks for any info!

• There really isn't any need for a vote on this - I suggest that a "preference" setting be implemented somewhere in the system menu that lets the user pick how they want the KPA to handle this ("a", "b", or the current method).