Monitors: Behringers vs Yamahas - what after KRK Rokits?

• Hi

I know it may seem obvious, but given low price, Behringer makes top studio monitors as many users experienced it (I think Behringer copies well knows high level monitors with success).

I just sold KRK Rokits 6 G2. Seemed too bassy. I also was not so satisfied how Kemper sounded through them. I tried to play profiles that sounded good even on Youtube, and on my KRK's they sounded like blanket was put on the speaker (somehow lifeless).

I am lloking for 8 inch woofers to get "punch" and move air a little.

Now I narrowed my choice to

- Behringer 1031A
    - Yamaha HS80M

I can get Berries new at the 2/3 cost of used Yammies. But the price is not main factor. Do Yamahas sound better with Kemper than Beghriners? Anyone had chance to comapre them?

More important is if KPA sounds good on monitors I choose, than it is easy to mix on these monitors (if these options are not the same.....)

Or anyone has changed KRK Rokits to other monitors?

Any advices appreciated.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• I use the Yamaha 50s and they sound great... and more important is the sound I hear while recording, is the sound that plays back.. Ive heard that the 80s are more pronounced in the midrange, so if you learn them I guess they would work... I dont need a sub.. if I listen to BLAKROC by the black keys and all those famous rappers, I have to really keep the volume low because they pick up the deep bass just fine... :)

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Anybody played Kemper through Behrirngers 1031A? I'm really tempted, they seem to get good reviews all around, but I wonder how Kemper plays through them? As new they cost 2/3 of used Yammies HS80M here, on the other hand some forum users report top results with Kemper and Yamahas HS80M.....

I read on other thread what scares me now (I don't know if this is monitors fault...)

Got to play a little through my newly received CLR last night. I must say for the 1st time I am hearing the difference on some amps that were sounding very similar.

Now (KRK Rokits 6 G2) the sound is not the same but it is not much different between amps, off course clean Fender Deluxe sounds different from clean Orange, but the more gain comes, less difference can be heard.

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Depends on how serious you are about making music. If you play live a lot and/or compose and mix music, then go for the best speakers you can afford (and I am talking 1000.- or more for a pair plus treat your room!)

If you play as a hobby, the Yamaha hs80 sound good for the money and have enough bass and punch so that you have fun when playing

• Depends on how serious you are about making music. If you play live a lot and/or compose and mix music, then go for the best speakers you can afford (and I am talking 1000.- or more for a pair plus treat your room!)

If you play as a hobby, the Yamaha hs80 sound good for the money and have enough bass and punch so that you have fun when playing

Hm, this sounds very narrow-minded to me and I disagree wohleheartedly. Almost as if there never has been a great mix done through the Yamaha's or the Behringer's.
    And it implies that somebody who can't afford a more expansive solution can't be serious about his/her music.
    Wrong.

• To ingolf: Well, each to his own, I guess. But if you want to mix music that translates well over various listening systems, it makes some sense to have speakers and a room that you can trust.

Yeah, you can always fix it in the mastering :)
    But only to a certain degree.

The better you can judge what's going on in a mix the more creatively you can mix or master instead of having to iron out errors.

I sometimes mix projects from friends, recorded an composed on not soo good speakers in untreated rooms, and instead of polishing the sound from already good to great I often have to try to make it at least work somehow.
    When they are over in my (not professional) room, they then often say: ohhh, so that sounds different than I wanted it to be

Just my 2cts