Recommend a foot controller(s)

• Thanks, Jerry. I have just ordered an UnO for Kemper chip, and can't wait to try it out with my FCB1010 and Kemper. Any idea how long the Uno chip takes to get to the U.S?

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• The Uno4Kemper chip with the FCB1010 is the best value out there for the KPA, but it does have it's shortcomings.

The KPA has 4 stomp slots before the amp and 4 more after the amp, but the FCB1010 can only control 5 of them. Not only that, but each slot can hold completely different types of effects for each profile, so you have to KNOW what each effect is located at each slot on each profile. If your effects needs are simple, this is no big deal. But if you work with a lot of different effects configurations, this can be daunting.

This is where controllers like the Liquid Foot+ series really shine. While the smaller LF+12+ has the same number of buttons as the FCB1010, it also has the ability to display what effect is on each button, so you don't have to settle for a standard effects configuration or memorize where they all are. Plus each button can control multiple effects. The larger LF+Pro+ has 24 buttons and so can handle all of the KPA stomp & effects slots.

I can understand why they would decide to only support the KPA with these ++ controllers, since they are the only ones that make it easy to keep track of the stomp slots with text displays. I know it sucks if you have one of the older units, but I understand their position. When things like that have happened to me, I've just bitten the bullet and sold my old unit and bought the new one if I could afford it.

The LF++ stuff IS pricey, but it does provide a great deal more control over the KPA, and so I do plan on buying one. I'll keep my FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper as a backup.

• Pretty interesting that the Gordius Little Giant didn't get mentioned here.
    Xavier, the guy who invented / produces this controller is also the guy behind the Uno firmware chip.
    His controller offers quite a bunch of options, great build quality, good display, small form factor
    I've had mine since the AxeFx days. Xavier has just recently added Kemper integration / 2 way communication into the Gordius.

check out gordius.be

• The Little Giant is cool, but suffers from some of the same shortcomings (my opinion) that the Uno4Kemper FCB1010 does, and costs a lot more. I really feel that in order to make the most of the KPA's ability to have different effects in each slot on each profile, a remote controller needs to be able to display what is in each effect slot. This is the only way to avoid having to choose between settling for a "standard" effects setup (as far as type per slot) across all profiles or memorizing all the effects slots for all profiles.

Right now, I use the Uno4Kemper (Xavier's excellent high bang for the buck product) because it was and is the least expensive way for me to see how well a live rig with just a KPA and my Matrix Q12a would work for me, and have settled on the "standard effects setup" approach. I have sacrificed being able to control reverb and tap tempo so I can control slots 1-3, X, & Delay. I keep the same type of effect in the same slot position on all profiles I use so I know where things are without having to refer to the KPA display. It is a sacrifice I do not want to make, though. This is one reason why I am going to move to a controller with text displays.

Using the Uno4Kemper has allowed me to prove to myself that my KPA/Matrix Q12a rig not only works as a live rig, it does so really well. I only need more flexibility from the controller, so I will be moving on from the Uno4Kemper soon.

Mastermind GT is another controller that is very flexible & powerful, and it also has nice text displays, a little nicer than those in the Liquid Foot product. Both can also control other MIDI devices easily, which something dedicated to the KPA can't do as yet. But Liquid Foot 's Editor software has the ability to automatically configure itself to your KPA, and is super easy to work with. It is also somewhat less expensive than the Mastermind GT, so a Liquid Foot controller is what I am planning on going with, even if either of the proposed Kemper Controller designs do see the light of day. This is a personal preference, and I am sure there are many people for whom the Uno4Kemper is all they need.

• I love the FAMC LF+ 12+. I was one of their first customers for that product. I use the 12+ for both my Eleven Rack rig and my Kemper rig.

If I just wanted something to work with the the Kemper, I'd consider the FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper. The 1010 is a *huge* board, but it's pretty good physically. I had one before all the third-party EPROMS...

• I love the FAMC LF+ 12+. I was one of their first customers for that product. I use the 12+ for both my Eleven Rack rig and my Kemper rig.

If I just wanted something to work with the the Kemper, I'd consider the FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper. The 1010 is a *huge* board, but it's pretty good physically. I had one before all the third-party EPROMS...

lf+

-was wondering-have you had issues with the LF+ not turning on Kemper stomps consistantly?

• lf+

-was wondering-have you had issues with the LF+ not turning on Kemper stomps consistantly?

I haven't experienced that problem.

I do have a problem getting the stomp names to appear on the LF+ display after power-up. For me, scrolling past the sync'd presets then back seems to clear the problem. Once cleared, everything seems to work as expected.

I've submitted a couple of trouble tickets to FAMC regarding Kemper sync. They have responded, acknowledging the issues and anticipating a fix in their next firmware update.

• Simple questions folks ( I just posted it another thread but you guys seem knowledgeable) can the 1010 (or any device) send two CC#'s from one foot switch?
    I'm using a RJM Mastermind right now but get a big lag between Program Changes so setting up a lead sound with same rig plus boost (in X slot) and delay isn't option. I try to stomp on both IA buttons I set up on mastermind but it will only recognize one at a time... maybe an expression pedal to control a couple parameters? - used to use an ART Ultrafoot back in the 90s to do that...

Thanks - first gig with Kemper this Saturday!

• A few days back, I bought an FCB1010 and I ordered the EurekaPROM2 ... just to realize now that it won't give me the flexibility I'm after. So I made a u-turn and sat myself on the wait list for a Liquid Foot+ Pro+. I know, it's a lot of money but once again I realized that cheap solutions often can't compete with pricey ones. I want to invest once and then stop thinking about missing stuff. Hope the LF+ will deliver. I just wonder how long it will take from wait list to postman ringing at my door. :D

• I think if I were gigging , I would save up for the LF+ , because of its abilities , it's editor! it's displaying what stomps are being used.

Being confined to my practice room , the FCB should be adequate. I typically use a standard slot configuration , meaning :
    comp >boost > DIST >delay>... For leads With an occasional patch with wah and / or eq boost .

But I thought I read or saw a video that you can access more slots , but you would be in a different "mode" with a push of one or two foot switches . In other words, you would get out of the mode for the split rows, and now have access to all the stomps , but give up the quick access for the preset switching ???

I ordered both Eureka and UNO , but maybe I misunderstood... I am very, very , new to midi / foot switches