anyone used a JBL EON or equivalent?

• Here is the EON vs the Alto

http://youtu.be/Iz-GnQ7PyhQ?t=1m15s

And the more expensive PRX vs a cerwin vega

http://youtu.be/20CjnPsDlTA?t=1m15s

This will just give you an idea of the speaker properties. You will have to actually test drive them in person with the Kemper to see if you like the sound as there is two sides to FRFR. First there is the ability to be neutral to reproduce sounds without coloration and then there is the ability to send that sound to your ears in a way that makes you happy (basically meaning you may prefer the sound coming from a different speaker than someone else) From what I have seen though, the Altos are popular for people on a budget and the CLRs seem to be on the higher end of the budget. It all boils down to what you can justify as far as price/performance. The DXR10 seems to be the happy medium for everyone who is happy with the sound and not having to pay too much.

• Here is a kemper video using a JBL Eon monitor, shown at 1.43, from some music store.
    I like the cleans and rock tones heard here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unvUFXtlk2A
    [YOUTUBE]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

• I sometimes use a pair of 10" JBL EONs, and they sound excellent. Also, the Mackie SRM450s sound great!

Interesting!

I have both of those, tried them and didn't like them. To much "plastic" in the mids and sterile.

Got myself a CLR and it's like night and day.

Not knocking them, they are great for PA use, but couldn't stand them with my KPA.

(or maybe I just couldn't dial them in well enough)

• I keep seeing CLR mentioned in different forums, but don't know what they are. I've tried a Google search for "CLR", but didn't see anything related to speakers.

• I already had a set of EON 15 G2 before buying the KPA. I didn´t like them too much as active monitors cause they are very bass heavy and have some plastic sounding mids in there. However, i recently bought a Behringer DEQ2496 mit RTA mic and adjusted the EQ curve for a more linear sound. Now it sounds awesome and even better than any of my 4 x 12s with a poweramp.

• I had to work with the older eon10 for some years and alwys hated them. We called them "plastic-bomber". Neither music nor speech sounded good on them. Alwys sort of shallow and out of phase.

This march we tested the newer version, wich sounded better, but still not good enough for the price imho

• When I say the EONs and the Mackies sound good, bear in mind, I actually tweak profiles to sound great using the Mackies, and then when played on the EONs, they translate pretty well. If I were comparing different FRFR cabs, then my experience would be different, and perhaps I would select a different pair. You know, getting a sound you hear in your head, could be done on probably any FRFR cabinet, if you program the Kemper, while using the cabinet. My only negative, when using the EONs, is I notice a G resonance. I already had both pairs of powered speakers, before I bought the Kemper, so this is what I have tweaked my profiles on. If I were starting from scratch, Electro Voice and Yamaha would probably be on my radar, as well as a Motion Sound KP-500SN, which really looks interesting, if used just for guitar and/or guitar synth. I believe you can make anything work, if you spend the time, but a certain FRFR cabinet may make tweaking go faster.