Clarification needed: are factory rigs part of the chaos.bin and there to be found only

• okay guys, i have found that some colleagues have the same problem:

is it correct that most of the factory rigs are not to be found in the download section but are part of the firmware?
    if i understand it correctly they come with the chaos.bin, but are "hidden" and have to be installed via the system menu? correct?
    but what if i want to install only one or two of those rigs?

thanks

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Faced the same issue.
    Here's what I did:
    - Take any backup of the KPA and use Total Commander (PC only!) to delete all rigs from it (takes appr. 10 seconds ;-)). Save this backup somewhere under 'EmptyBackup' or similar. It's always handy to have an empty backup available.
    - Re-Import this backup into the KPA and restore the factory rigs from the system menu (IMPORTANT: before you do this make sure that you have backed-up your KPA, so that you can restore it afterwards!!!)
    - Make a backup of your KPA and save it on your PC under a name like e.g. 'Factory Rigs Only'.
    - Now you have a backup with all factory rigs and whenever you need one or two you just access this backup with Total Commander copy the rigs on your USB drive and import them onto the KPA.
    - Restore the KPA back to the state it was in before this exercise.

That's about 5 mins effort once in order to create your Factory Rigs Only backup but it's well worth it!!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Markus

• thanks marc! :thumbup:

i do not know Total commander yet, and it seems to be no shareware. okay, i could use the trial version as i dont think i will need this programm again.
    is there another way? kerman has made AFAIK one or two tools which seem to work great.
    i could also audition the rigs and delete all of those i don not need after making a backup ofcourse.
    your way sounds complicated, but maybe just because i dont know TC.
    an empty backup? that sounds interesting! but for what purpose do you need an empty one?

anyway, thanks again

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• It's really not complicated at all! You should give it a try. And like I said you just need to do that once and from then on you have access to all factory rigs but you can chose to load just one or two on your KPA without the need to restore them all again!

Well you could always need an empty backup for creating a new factory presets set once they change in a later firmware ;) or you could use it to start all over again if your KPA gets too full (starting empty and adding just the rigs you use might be much quicker than deleting 800 rigs which you don't use :D ), ...

Cheers,
    Markus

• okay, i will give it a try. by the way, you have a month-old friendship offer you probably cannot see.
    and maybe many more. check a different design (woltlab) and you will see it .... ;)

• Keep in mind: Not all factory rigs can be restored via the system menu. For exmaple:

"Legacy Factory Rigs 2012 (June 2013) - This archive contains the 60 factory rigs which are no longer included in firmware 2.0.0."

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• dun it, marc. maybe this is for the wiKPA also? never knew i could rename backups.
    did it with 7-zip though, because i know the software. as easy as promised.
    well rebooting is some kind of lame compared to my win8 pc, and even to my 3-year-old laptop, but wtf cares.

cheers :thumbup:

• Since now the factory content of firmware 2.0.1 is also available as Rig Pack on our download page. This is a short cut for those users preferring to import factory content selectively. ^^