Standardising the volume of the rigs.

• It is really important to normalize the RMS of the volume of the various RIGs to better compare them and also to be sure that the profiles don't have unwanted clipping.

I will give you just a guideline, then you have to use your ears, because the frequency spectrum of the signal also is important, consider that for profiles richer on high frequency domain it's better to adjust 2-3 dB below similar profiles plenty of bass/mid frequency.
    The KPA already compensate the profiles in Volume in an automatic way, and what comforted me in my method is that 70-90% of the profiles work great with Volume at 0dB, Clean Sense at 5/10 and Cabinet Volume very near to 0dB, that means that the automatic algorithm on the KPA works very similar...

These are the main steps I applied:
    1) put Master Volume at 9 out of 10
    2) put your audio interface on the PC at maximum position (0 dB)
    3) leave the Volume of each rig in the center position (0 dB)
    4) put the volume of the effects AFTER the AMP to 0dB, except the EQ that needs compensation in a way that switching on/off the total volume is more or less the same
    5) start tweaking the CLEAN SENSE and the CABINET VOLUME of each Rig in a way that the PEAK SIGNAL is:
    --a) for clean sounds you start clipping the Input on RED for strong chords picking;
    --b) for crunch sounds you never clip the Input even for very strong picking, and you are 3 to 6 dB under the max;
    --c) for drive, lead, high gain sound you are 6 to 9 db below the 0dB clip;

Another possibility is to use the RMS Volume but you need a Software that give you this measure in Real Time.

• I have to try this as my profile volumes are all over the place and. No very consistent.