short F blues solo experiment

• Honestly: a Steinberger has not been built for playing the blues..... the sound is kind of nosy with too much treble and high mids, the "bottom" is missing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• yes, thanks for your opinion guenterhaas, I really appreciate it!! :thumbup:

I was experimenting here with everything, also with sound.. but in some way I like it.. and this recording is far from ideal..

and Steinberger? ufuf, I´m the Steinberger lover.. thanks to its headless system and the material used on the neck.. :)

ps: please, If I can ask you to spend your time also with this recording I done before.. I would know if you find this one a little bit better? thanks once more time!

https://soundcloud.com/hallanbachia/f-blues-solo-02-0708-08

pps: strange thing is that on my PC it sounds a bit different and quieter, on soundcloud it sounds louder, hm..

• Don't get me wrong, Steinbergers (made in USA) are great guitars (I'm owning a GM-4TA with Trans Tremolo ), but for blues I would prefer a guitar with a warmer sound (ES 335, Les Paul, old Strat ect.). At the end it's all a matter of personal taste ;)

Here are some of my "bluesy" clips and you can hear the sound (all Kemper) I'm prefering:

- Blues for Prince

- Mr. Diezel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I like the lick, but there are places where the notes kind of just get cut off. I have noticed this before with some modelers but not on a KPA. Perhaps it is the guitar, perhaps not.

I record with an Andersen Drop Top Classic S, Apogee Symphony, Pro Tools and the KPA. I find the tonal experience to be outstanding. Sometimes, I actually record dry through the instrument jack on my A-Designs Pacifica Pre, then reamped to the KPA. This give me a very warm analog like sound.

Nice overal fee.
    Thanks for sharing.

Jake

• Yes, it's all a mater of taste - I like the first one better then the second one.

Maybe you could try to roll of the tone control on the guitar a little bit.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de