NEW Mesa Boogie Quad Direct Output profiles!

• Here's a cool set of new profiles I've been working on in the lab. Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp. 4 All Tube channels of awesome Boogie. Channel one is a Mark IIC, Channel two is a Mark III preamp. Within each Channel is a lead and rhythm setting. The Preamp also has a 5 band graphic EQ, two of them actually. A Quad was like having two Mesa Mark series amps stacked on each other. FOUR channels! In the 80s, how could you use them all?

I did these profiles with the direct outs - so you get the exact sound of the preamp. No microphones, no cabs, just direct outs. For you guys running a poweramp and a guitar cab, you're welcome. :) If you are going direct, you can select your favorite cabs and use them with these profiles, also can use these profiles 'as is' direct to a mixer for a great sounding tube DI, or for bass, or piezo equipped instruments. This works best with clean tones, start gaining up and it gets fuzzy in a wooly way. Like old 60s overdrive recorded tones? You might dig these. I don't, but they are 100% tube generated and even without a cab and power section they have an interesting charm.

The settings I used were taken from the Mesa Quad documentation - they had 5 sample settings for all four channels each time, so that's 20. I profiled those 20 without the Graphic EQ. Then I profiled each with the Graphic EQ mids cut sharply and lows and highs boosted, and then with the mids centered and highs and lows slightly boosted. This gives 60 total different profiles.

Documentation includes pictures of all settings, description of each setting from Mesa along with knob positions, my description of each profile and how they are named. And a very colorful description by mesa of the Quad and each channel.

Here's the link:

http://petesprofiles.weebly.co…-direct-out-profiles.html

• Can someone recommend these to me or some other profiles from Pete? I have the vh4 and they're really good. I'm interested to know if he's using FW 3.0 online any of his recent profiles I haven't heard much from him lately

• @oozish, i can recommend the EVH pack for sure. I also have this Quad pack, but I havent played them too much since i dont have a real/amp cab anymore. I bought them because one of his free Quad profiles paired very very well with one of Tills cabs, though. I just never took the time to really dial these in. I do remember it has that chew in the pick attack and bloom like DJEMass's Mark IIC+ profiles do, which to me defines why this makes my favorite lead tone. And now im gassing to get back to these!

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think this is with the free profile with some pre-eq tweaks and one of tills recto cabs. Prob 56, 59, or 60.

• Oh i also have a bunch of his xtc profiles. Also recommended. Compared to Guido's, Pete's are a bit rougher and feel more raw, and you get way more mic options. I did a quick A/B after getting Guidos and its a toss up on which I prefer, but Pete's has way more variety.

• <p>Hey guys! Sorry I just saw this.. been working on some top secret projects at the Tone Shack, and right now I'm waiting for Kemper to repair and return my Powerhead back to me. (no big deal, the battery is goofy and I don't want to void my warranty - so off it goes for a probably 10 minute operation. Oh well.) All profiles from this point on are going to get the direct out content tested with a powerhead and a variety of Cabs. Yes, I could have done the same with a seperate poweramp and my old Kemper but you know, at least with the powerhead it's more likely I'll be using the same gear someone else will.</p>

<p>Regarding the Mesa Quad profiles - these were made back in 2013, before merged profiles. I was one of the first to create profiles that were taken from the line out, and I did an entire set with the Quad since it was a preamp. Unless I'm doing a tone match, my methodology is to capture/archive the tones of an amp. I did that well enough with the Quad that I no longer needed it so I sold it since I had the profiles. You can always add your own cabs or cabs taken from a 3.0 merged profile and use them with the Quad.</p>

<p>And BTW I appreciate the kind words in the thread, new content is coming soon that will knock your profiled socks off. :D</p>

<p>Pete</p>

• <p>

Can someone recommend these to me or some other profiles from Pete? I have the vh4 and they're really good. I'm interested to know if he's using FW 3.0 online &nbsp;any of his recent profiles I haven't heard much from him lately

</p>

<p>Totally using FW 3.0 on newer profiles, all profile sellers were warned by Kemper to hold off until it was released in a non-beta version. I started my profile empire in 2013 long before FW 3 was a twinkle in anyone's eye.</p>

<p>Here's the FW 3.0 profiles I have currently, with more to come. If you use a regular setup with a full range cab or monitor you won't get a whole lot of benefit, it's mainly going to make a difference when you run a guitar cab or swap a lot of speakers within the Kemper, but that's just my opinion.</p>

<p>http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/1965-vox-ac30.html</p>

<p>http://petesprofiles.weebly.co…r-shiva-6l6-profiles.html</p>

<p>http://petesprofiles.weebly.co…dded-jcm800-marshall.html</p>

<p>http://petesprofiles.weebly.co…artist-4203-profiles.html</p>

<p>http://petesprofiles.weebly.com/vht-ultralead.html</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Pete</p>

• Pete,

Is there any reason that these won't sound the same with OS 6.x or 7.x given that they were created back with 3.0? Do you have any plans to update them. I don't want to buy them today and then have buyer's remorse because an updated profile pack for this comes out in the near future. Thanks!

Shred 'til yer dead,

Jeff in Houston

• Pete,

Is there any reason that these won't sound the same with OS 6.x or 7.x given that they were created back with 3.0? Do you have any plans to update them. I don't want to buy them today and then have buyer's remorse because an updated profile pack for this comes out in the near future. Thanks!

My mesa Quad profiles were done from the direct outs on the Quad itself, no cabs or mics. Just take them and if you want, add your favorite cab/mic to them. No difference if you're running 3 or 6 or 7 or whatever. They aren't merged or anything. You'll have more effects like improved delays or reverbs to add to them for example, but the core tone is exactly the same. If you put version 3 of Kemper OS on your Kemper and loaded these, played them and then put the latest version of the Kemper OS on, there wouldn't be any difference in the profiles. Just the stuff Kemper has added since then like better effects and such.

• okstrat Top secret?? Don't forget me Pete!

It's been nuts here, doing Physical Therapy daily at home, and at the PT's office... and have to leave the day job to do that, then stay late at work to make up what I missed... plus gigs, etc. I'm still digging for that stuff we talked about. Also trying to find time to take profiles of my Friedman BE 50 DLX, Bogner XTC Classic, a vintage Marshall cab with RIC cones, a Alyn Meyer Komet Concorde clone, Rivera TBR-1 SL, a Harry Joyce Hiwatt 50, a few more Marshalls, Mesa JP2C, etc. Ain't enough time in the day! :)

Pete

• It's been nuts here, doing Physical Therapy daily at home, and at the PT's office... and have to leave the day job to do that, then stay late at work to make up what I missed... plus gigs, etc. I'm still digging for that stuff we talked about. Also trying to find time to take profiles of my Friedman BE 50 DLX, Bogner XTC Classic, a vintage Marshall cab with RIC cones, a Alyn Meyer Komet Concorde clone, Rivera TBR-1 SL, a Harry Joyce Hiwatt 50, a few more Marshalls, Mesa JP2C, etc. Ain't enough time in the day! :)

Pete

okstrat I hear you Pete! Thank for the reply. I ain't going anywhere. That waiting list of amps to profile sounds tasty! The Riviera TBR was used bt Sykes at one point I believe. That's definitely a rare one. Hope you're feeling better Pete. I know it ain't easy.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR