Custom views / Snapshots view

• This is more of a suggestion rather than a feature request. :)

One thing I would find useful would be the possibility to create custom views which would be available in the "Views" filter. This would allow more subtle classification of different profiles types, even allowing some profiles to be tagged under many views. For example: Metal, Rock, Country, Effects, MyBand1, MyBand2, etc. Manage the views (add, edit, delete) in the "System" section. Tag a profile under one/many views in the "Rig" section.

Now thinking more about it, wouldn't it also be nice having a quick access to the "Snapshots" view, in the "Views" filter? One thing I'll often do is tweak a profile, take one/many snapshots and come back later and browse the snapshots. This would allow a quick access to all snapshots.

Again, this would be more of a "nice to have"... for lazy people like me. :whistling:

Cheers guys, I enjoy reading this forum daily (community, content quality). Great source of info. :thumbup:

• +1 :thumbup:
    Thanks for the good idea.
    At classification I would prefer tags like clean - crunch - gain - lead ... cause different music styles don't always fit special sounds (remember the clean chorused Petrucci Sounds in the classification "Metal/ProgMetal").
    And your idea with the snapshots is very interesting: I would pefer direct clickable links without download to pre-check the rigs. A notice for the pickup the rig aims for (SIngle Coil/Humbucker ...) would be nice.

• If the user could name the Views, the View names would define the organization method. (Pickup type, band name, musical style, emotion, decade, cabinet used, microphone used, time of day the rig sounds best, etc. )

A rig could be added to as many views as desired, if Rigs were added into a view list (similar to adding a rig into to a Performance slot). That method would not require modifying the format of a Rig file to allow additional tags to be added to a rig.

OR- this could be done in the planned Librarian software. Custom View Lists could be created, and rigs could be added to multiple lists. Synching the Kemper with the librarian could manage the available Custom Views.

• If the user could name the Views, the View names would define the organization method. (Pickup type, band name, musical style, emotion, decade, cabinet used, microphone used, time of day the rig sounds best, etc. )

A rig could be added to as many views as desired, if Rigs were added into a view list (similar to adding a rig into to a Performance slot). That method would not require modifying the format of a Rig file to allow additional tags to be added to a rig.

paults,

You nailed it, this is exactly what I had in mind!

OR- this could be done in the planned Librarian software. Custom View Lists could be created, and rigs could be added to multiple lists. Synching the Kemper with the librarian could manage the available Custom Views.

Now this could be something cool, and it would be easy to manage the user views. Great idea!