Usefull effects. (reverse of the useless effects thread). What are your faves?

• Not one too get too excited about but... The 2 stomp noise gates I use all the time to 'tidy up' the signal and keep the hiss down. I use the 2:1 mainly and it gets the job done.

Tool I'd like to get the most out of but still learning: The studio EQ.
    Bags of tone shaping potential here if you place it pre and post amp.

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• I like the graph eq due to handling and sound, but it isn't really an effect.
    Delay and Reverb and it's interaction plus the ducking made these effects interesting and unique for me. :thumbup:
    For most of the "classic" effects (modulation, boost/distortion, pitch shifting etc.) I use modern stomp boxes (not Boss and not Line6, anything else) for performing/jams or the FX-Section of the Axe-FX (unbeatable excellent effects) for recording.

• The formant shift has added new dimensions to pitch effects for me, before it was not an effect ( pitch ) I cared for.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• To invert this thread:

I don't like the screamer effect, it's not easy to handle for me.
    I had several Tube Screamers and comparing these to the KPA-Screamer is a completely different thing.
    The real thing is more musical and can form the sound more subtle.

• I agree with Ingolf. 98% of my playing involve delay and reverb. i use my TC-G-Force for dely, because it makes my signature sound, and have done it for over 10 years. other stomp/effects that i use in most of my rigs is studio EQ and boost. i am not a big user of chorus and flanger. i use some tremolo sometimes tough.

• To invert this thread:

I don't like the screamer effect, it's not easy to handle for me.
    I had several Tube Screamers and comparing these to the KPA-Screamer is a completely different thing.
    The real thing is more musical and can form the sound more subtle.

The Green Scream is based on a TS-808 and was later slightly changed towards a Maxon OD808.
    Keeping in mind that the Tone control has an effect from -5 to 0 (so noon on a TS pedal would be around -2.5) it is very true to it's source.

Tubescreamers can vary quite a bit even within the same series, two otherwise identical TS-9 for example can sound different.
    So does the GS sound exactly like your TS - most likely not, due to the different makes and (surprisingly large) tolerances of the components.
    Does the GS sound like a real TS? - absolutely! And a Maxon OD808 is quite a good reference IMO.

• I've been moving away from the GS. It does the TS thing very well , but I'm getting tired of that mid hump, so im using the mouse and one.
    as for real pedals , I find my Jan Ray ( clone ) sounds amazing w some profiles, especially Fenders.
    i also have a Greer , Ghetto Stomp, which is different than anything built into the Kemper.

• The Green Scream is based on a TS-808 and was later slightly changed towards a Maxon OD808.
    Keeping in mind that the Tone control has an effect from -5 to 0 (so noon on a TS pedal would be around -2.5) it is very true to it's source.

Tubescreamers can vary quite a bit even within the same series, two otherwise identical TS-9 for example can sound different.
    So does the GS sound exactly like your TS - most likely not, due to the different makes and (surprisingly large) tolerances of the components.
    Does the GS sound like a real TS? - absolutely! And a Maxon OD808 is quite a good reference IMO.

I once owned 7 Tubescreamers, TS808, several TS9, with/out analogman-mod and different chips even the "narrow boxed" one (with two 1458s). And you're right they all Sound a bit different (but really not very much ). But the GS is a different Thing. I made a comparison with the real Thing in front of a clean Fender-KPA-Profile and the virtual one in the KPA. It's not that you cannot dial in good sounds but the sonic differencies are really enormous. Especially the range of the tone-knob is Kind of indifferent for me.