Turning on SPDIF Input Causes Massive Feedback

• I'm attempting to reamp some tracks with the KPA, and every time I plug my cable in to the SPDIF input (from my interface's output), I get massive feedback when I activate the SPDIF input on the KPA's input section.
    Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen? It happens even when I don't have Pro Tools running, so I don't even know where the signal is coming from.

Edit: I just tried using analog in/outs (set the clean track to output 3, running a 1/4 inch cable into the kpa then main out 1 into input 1 on my interface) and that gave me feedback too. I'm stumped.

• I'm attempting to reamp some tracks with the KPA, and every time I plug my cable in to the SPDIF input (from my interface's output), I get massive feedback when I activate the SPDIF input on the KPA's input section.
    Anyone have any idea as to why this would happen? It happens even when I don't have Pro Tools running, so I don't even know where the signal is coming from.

Edit: I just tried using analog in/outs (set the clean track to output 3, running a 1/4 inch cable into the kpa then main out 1 into input 1 on my interface) and that gave me feedback too. I'm stumped.

The problem is likely to be caused by the routing within your audio interface. Almost every interfaces has some kind of mixer/router software that comes with it. I guess that you put the SPDIF input signal back on the SPDIF output. This will cause a feedback loop. Make sure that nothing else but the DAW reamping bus is putting any signal on the SPDIF out when you are reamping.

Many of those mixer software tools allow you to create presets for different situations.