Orange AD30 profiles available

• Hi, I just profiled my Orange AD30 combo (twin channels version) and I uploaded 3 profiles on the rig exchange:

- Orange ad30 cln1 fx Clean sound profile, channel 1 with some effects added
    - Orange ad30 crh1 fx Alway channel 1, crunch sound
    - Orange ad30 dst2 fx Profile of channel 2, distortion sound for solos

Profiles are raw, I just tweaked the definition a bit; I used a Les paul standard.

I would like to have Your comments about these profiles, they are my first ones and hope You will like them! 8)

Andrea

• I just downloaded them and will try them tonight, I have wanted to try this amp so thanks a lot!!! i will post up my comments tomorrow, great work!!

• Downloaded...played...well done. What were your eq settings used, and cabinet? I assume it was an Orange with V30's but wanted to confirm. If you are into requests I would like a clean of channel 2. Gain for channel 1 as you did for channel 2 and channel 2 with less gain as you did for channel 1. That gets about every portion I would typically use of the amp. I had an AD30HTC about 2-3 amps before I bought my profiler last August. Local Guitar Store that I frequent had one in, but I didn't get back in to profile it before they sold it. Many thanks for the profiles as this is one of my favorite Oranges. :thumbup:

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Downloaded...played...well done. What were your eq settings used, and cabinet? I assume it was an Orange with V30's but wanted to confirm. If you are into requests I would like a clean of channel 2. Gain for channel 1 as you did for channel 2 and channel 2 with less gain as you did for channel 1. That gets about every portion I would typically use of the amp. I had an AD30HTC about 2-3 amps before I bought my profiler last August. Local Guitar Store that I frequent had one in, but I didn't get back in to profile it before they sold it. Many thanks for the profiles as this is one of my favorite Oranges. :thumbup:

Hi, my amp is the combo version with 2 celestion Vintage 30 speakers, and the EQ settings were: for channel 1 bass at 1 o' clock, middle at 4, treble at 3; for channel 2 bass and middle at 4 o' clock, treble at 3 o' clock. I'll surely take other profiles in the next few days, to cover the main sounds available ! :)

• Hi, Just wanted to say that I uploaded 3 new profiles of my Orange AD30 with different settings:

- Channel 2 clean
    - Channel 1 with a boost pedal (a custom made FET booster)
    - Channel 2 with the same boost

I usually prefered to push my orange with the booster to get more definition, and I think these last profiles captured very well the sound I had before buying the kemper.

Again, I will be very pleased to get Your opinions on those profiles. Thank You ! :)

• Played these also. My preference like I mentioned to you is without pedals, but I felt they sounded and felt very well (open and dynamic). If you keep profiling I will keep downloading these AD30's all day. I turned the gain down on the Channel 2 you uploaded yesterday and have been using it a lot. These will likely become a main amp in my lineup.

• Interested in your pedal settings as the boosted profiles still maintained the true amp character. Many times a pedal in front changes the amp character. These sounded a little brighter than the straight amp profiles, but still maintained the Orange sound with little if any coloring.

• Interested in your pedal settings as the boosted profiles still maintained the true amp character. Many times a pedal in front changes the amp character. These sounded a little brighter than the straight amp profiles, but still maintained the Orange sound with little if any coloring.

Hi, I'm glad You liked the profiles! :)

The boost was made by an Italian technician and customized under my own specifications (a tone control was added for medium frequencies) .
    It is called "black boost" built by FUZZFX, essentially a FET booster vaguely based on the Jack Orman Fet booster design;it is extremely versatile, giving You a clean boost or a treble/ bass boost effects.

As You said, in any case it does not change the tone of the amp, simply gives more "grit" or definition to Your sound according to how You set it.

From my experience, the Orange AD 30 is not an easy amp to combine with pedals; it seems to like only "transparent" pedals, while tipical distortions and overdrives seem to "fight" with the character of the amp. I even tried boutique tubescreamer based overdrives without good result.

On the contrary, in addition to the boost I used for the profiles, I also had very good sound with my Danectro CTO-1 transparent overdrive (cheap but VERY good!) and with a Behringer EQ700 (flat frequencies with level up), even if this last was a bit noisy.

• well these worked out sounding good. If you get the urge to make some others on the edge of breakup (Gain about 10 or so) that would be greatly appreciated.