Marshall JMP-1 Pre-Amp "Gary Moore" Lead (Preset found on youtube )

• Hi there! After some months of patience wait i putted my hand this afternoon on a Marshall JMP-1 Pre-Amp to profile , a little on rush i looked for some presets on internet ,the preset i used was taken from youtube, a a guy played a gary more song on jmp-1 and posted the setting he used .

Gary moore used this pre-amp on studio recordings! At the studio i only had my friend telecaster to use on profile , but at my home i used my gibson les paul custom to finetune a litlle . By mistake the source CAbinet from lasse Lammert was Kept, as it was free and i love it so much , i left it on the profile .
    It was a problem to profile the Marshall Jmp-1 , it took some hours, and finally chose to use the speaker output into a whirlind DI , and got rid of some nasty noises . But level was too hot , so please take care , i left some Effects and eq to help fast tuning , and to turn this preset into 4 or 5 different and interesting sounds . I like the sound of this preset , but would like to listen to your opinion as maybe i can put my hands to profile some more stuff .
    I have some more presets, including the real Iron Maiden settings they usually use , Marshall used it on a magazine i found . I profiled those, but i think i can make it sound better still . So maybe i wont post those yet .

My preset posted on the exchange is :

Title: Gary Moore Lead
    amp profiled : Marshall Jmp-1
    Cab:Mesa Stiletto (from Lasse Lammert)
    Ãuthor:Toneskulp

On the profile
    the channel used was OD1 + Bass shift ON

I love this sound , i hope you like too .

Cheers

Tone :thumbup:

TIP: Guitar, tone control rolled back to 8, volume control never above 7

Edited 3 times, last by Tone ().

• Thank you very much!

I miss my JMP-1 and this profile helps me to recover that sound.

Saludos!

I am very glad that you are happy! i love the JMP-1 ! do you have any settings you would like me to profile?hopefully next week i can profile it again .

you cant go wrong with that cab! its one of the very best, thanks for sharing your profile.

Yeah that cab is really nice and sweet! you are welcome .

very authentic! thanks for sharing

It was not easy to profile it , but at the end i found a good solutionand it sounded good, even with a litle less bottom end . My kemper even gave me a dsp error ! on the profiling session, no ideia why .

Great profile..... :)

I i like the sound many thx.....

Nice to know that you like it . Thanks :D

Its funny that i have many commercial profiles i bought , and this My profile stands really good on its marshall glory ! its one of the profiles i have more fun playing latelly . Just dont forget due to the cascading distortion diodes process of the jmp1 (funny to remember that the jmp1 preamp was on the blacklist of the non possible profiling devices) :D l , there is no valves, except in the clean channel . If you change the gain besides what its on the profile, can give some little artifacts .

Edited once, last by Tone ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You should check it for auditioning this profile of mine . Great playing by Miguel Batalha !