"best" expression pedal for KPA

• money is not a problem.
    so, which one is the most expensive , or "the best"
    thanks
    Z

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• I don't know if its the best, but I use the mission kemper pedal, and it works fine with the kemper, but I could not tighten the resistance to my preference , it travels a little to easy, but that just may be preference. There is a screw or Allen wrench settings, which I adjusted to the fullest.
    Also, when I first got it, It did not travel to the toe switch fully. I had to take out the removable pad, and it just makes it. So, not sure if that matters, but I wrote to them and I never got an answer. But in the end, it works ;)

• which one is ... "the best"

If you don't have high demands with regards to ergonomics, sensitivity and electronic stability, any of the marketed ones will do.
    If you do have high demands and think of expression pedals as musical instruments, none of them will do.

Basically they are all similarly insensitive crap. Only the exterior mechanical robustness improves with higher prices. But this higher robustness will also involve higher inertia. So actually it is even better to buy a new cheapo pedal every three months.

My all time favourite analog volume pedal and benchmark is the HILTON . Sadly it is not possible to use it as an expression pedal.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I recently bought electro harmonix next step expression pedal. It's very different from what we are used too, but I quite like it. Make sure you understand how it works before you buy it tho ;)

• Thanx for replies guys !
    So it comes to Yamaha and Mission .
    Is Yamaha only volume or expression pedal as well? It is so cheap- 28 Euros !!???

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Looks really interesting, have seen a demo on Youtube. You don't mind that it immediately flips to the forward position as soon as you lift your foot?

No, I've got used to it. it's really smooth :D (depends on surface, obviously). It took me a day to get used to.

• I use the Dunlop Volume X. It is built like a tank and has functionality beyond a typical expression pedal. Check it out:
    Dunlop Volume X :thumbup:

Sounds interesting! I have googled a while and can't find any more detailed description than: "Pat. Pending Dunlop Steel Band Drive for frictionless, highly reliable action". That's more a promise than a description.

Can you describe it better? Does the mechanism really keep to this promise?

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• I have the Mission EP1-KP too. Works well for me. A big leap from my Roland EV-5. Nice feature on the EP1 is the toe switch to toggle stomps.

• Is Yamaha only volume or expression pedal as well? It is so cheap- 28 Euros !!???

Bump. I understand that the Yamaha FC7 is a volume pedal, but certain threads / discussions have given me the impression that people are using it as an expression pedal. Is that correct? Can it be used to control wah or pitch, for instance, or is it strictly for volume?

Thanks! Sean

• Bump. I understand that the Yamaha FC7 is a volume pedal, but certain threads / discussions have given me the impression that people are using it as an expression pedal. Is that correct? Can it be used to control wah or pitch, for instance, or is it strictly for volume?

Thanks! Sean

It is purely an expression pedal, using guitarist terminology. Keyboardists call it a volume pedal because their primary use for it is to control the volume of their keyboards. It only has a 1/4" TS cable coming out of the pedal, no input at all.

You can use it to control any of the things the KPA lets expression pedals control.

• Thanks much, Ben, order placed ...

It is purely an expression pedal, using guitarist terminology. Keyboardists call it a volume pedal because their primary use for it is to control the volume of their keyboards. It only has a 1/4" TS cable coming out of the pedal, no input at all.

You can use it to control any of the things the KPA lets expression pedals control.