I've realized traditional cabs is not the way to go

• Why do studio monitors sound better than high power active speakers?

This is exactly what confuses me, why with all this incredible technology available can't someone produce a powered PA speaker that sounds like a much bigger version of a Studio Monitor?
    The Kemper sounds fantastic even through the cheapest POS studio monitors.

This is exactly what confuses me, why with all this incredible technology available can't someone produce a powered PA speaker that sounds like a much bigger version of a Studio Monitor?
    The Kemper sounds fantastic even through the cheapest POS studio monitors.

I think if you put a studio monitor in a room like a PA speaker would be used, it would not be as nice sounding. Studio Monitors are also called "Near Field Monitors". The sweet spot is close up. PA Speakers are "long throw" speakers. Perhaps someone else can explain the differences better.

bd

• I think if you put a studio monitor in a room like a PA speaker would be used, it would not be as nice sounding. Studio Monitors are also called "Near Field Monitors". The sweet spot is close up. PA Speakers are "long throw" speakers. Perhaps someone else can explain the differences better.

Some Studio Monitors are called "Far Field Monitors".

In my opinion, DI profiles and traditional cabs (or impulses) expand the possibilities when recording and you can better match the tone you need. Complete profiles are the best option for live use.

Switching off the cab block of a profile doesn't always works as expected. The same happens switching the cab of a profile to another Kemper cab.

Combining the DI profiles with the complete one in a Rig and using the first one when the user switchs off the cab would be fantastic.

Edited once, last by pacocito ().

• In my experience the kemper has allowed me to create and enjoy unparalleled guitar tones, which I enjoy through my Adams ax7's at home, I guess as that has always been my reference I have set up the sounds to give me what I want, but I cannot claim they are totally faithful to each amp, but they certainly rock my boat

In my quest to find a live partner I wanted something that gave me the same feeling, and you'll see from my earlier post that I've found it in the matrix nl12.

however I guess my point is simply that its about finding what works for you, we can get very carried away about categories and absolutes, for me this little cab does it for me, and while I know it's not complete frfr, it's certainly wide enough to feel right, I haven't yet experimented between cab on, cab off, but playing my profiles as they are set with cab on certainly gave me huge pleasure, which I suppose has to be the ultimate determinant, let your ears do the judging, and not get too worried about the technology

• I think if you put a studio monitor in a room like a PA speaker would be used, it would not be as nice sounding. Studio Monitors are also called "Near Field Monitors". The sweet spot is close up. PA Speakers are "long throw" speakers. Perhaps someone else can explain the differences better.

bd

From what I've read here and other forums, the Atomic CLR is supposedly the closest thing to a studio monitor you'll get in a PA type speaker/enclosure. Still on the waiting list to get mine.