Atomic CLR = Sonic bliss !!!

• I'm a user, but it wasn't me. I read his review awhile back on TGP because someone either here or on VGUITAR remarked about it. If I had of thought of it, I would have told him to post it here. Now I'm glad I didn't think of it.

In my experience from Tom at Atomic, He might have just did the review because he guinuinly likes the CLR and, Tom is nice and he thought it would be a nice thing to do. I hate it when people on forums jump in on "negative stuff" and poo poo anyone being positive. ?(

• "Confess! You sinner! You scum!"

Hahahaha!

I think it's a harmless enough review, guys. No need to go on a witch hunt. He praises it and from what I've seen from Ingolf's and other reviews, it really is a praise-worthy product. The forums, of course, aren't intended for marketing, but you do see a bunch of guys selling this and selling that.

As long as it's music-related and not just bashing something needlessly, I think we really shouldn't pester the OP about his motives for posting here.

God, where did Scott Peterson go wrong? I saw a video of him doing a demonstration of the Axe FX recently and I felt really sad to hear so much condescension in his voice and abrasion in the tenor of his monologue. The way people bash him at every opportunity seems to be his own doing and I actually signed off from TGP when I realised it's one of THOSE forums where the moderators and their friends are always right, certain products and musicians are shamelessly promoted and things that don't fit into the "New World Order" Are sledged and threads closed with impunity.

We should be wary about doing the same with the Kemper Amplification Forums, guys! Take no prisoners, take no sh*t, liberty and justice for all! :thumbup:

• Since you haven't tried a CLR, how can you know that the Matrix or Xitone is worthy of comparison to the CLRs ????
    Do you work for or take kick-backs form Matrix or Xitone for stating so - retorical question, to show you the absurdness in your claims agains me.

I paid with my own money - full price - for my three CLRs !
    I compared the CLRs to speakers I am familiar with and believe to be the top contender, plus to a number of similarly priced monitors that I had access to.
    Furthermore I compared the CLRs to an Adam top studio monitor costing almost 3 times the price of the CLRs in Europe - I would say that's a worthy competitor, no ??

I would never write a positive review for a discount - You stating that you would, says a lot about you though.

• I do not buy it either and and I will never buy a CLR because I'm on the waiting list since March and I have already given up.

Yes waiting sucks, I understand and agree.
    But the wait will be worth it IMO.

There was a time where people, myself included, waited for a loooooong time for the Axe Fx or the Kemper - do you regret getting your favorite modeler now just because there was a wait ?
    I think the wait is because there is a very high demand for the product and Atomic Amps, just like Kemper or Fractal don't want to compromise on the quality just to get a bit more quantity.

• Rocket, Thanks for steppin back in. I read this review on the gear page awhile back and found it honest and inciteful. thanks for posting it here

You're welcome man and thanks for the nice words.

To bad a couple of guys seems to think I'm full of it - maybe because I'm not a Kemper user ???

• Well if I have to believe that he didn't get a discount, and is writing this add just for nothing, well then I guess the moon landing was a hoax yes.

But just to be clear, I dont believe in any of those statements.

Believe what ever you'd like - I did this extensive testing of the CLRs to see how they would perform and work for ME.
    I took notes along the way, so I could decide whether or not they were worth spending 3K on for ME.
    When I had done it and was blown away by how great the CLRs are, I thought I'd organize my notes in a review and share my experience with other musicians.

• Well... He is a new user in the Kemper forum and has only posted 9 times and all of them in this thread to tell us how good is his CLR... hmmmm...

I don't have any post here prior to this thread, as I'm not a Kemper user.
    I stated that clearly at the start.
    I do have a lot of posts on the Fractal Forum and on the Gear Page - same user name Rocket Brother - you can check me out over at one or both of those forums and see that I'm a straight shooter.

• Since March 25th for me. Haven't heard a peep from Atomic, not that it matters though. I went with something else and am 100% happy.

If I ever get notified that my number is up I'll decide then if I even want to bother. Was eager and waiting with cash in hand for a few months there, but now.. meh.. The hype faded for me.. happy to give it a miss and gig with my cheaper, lighter and constantly impressive KPA- DXR pair.

Oh.. And I don't see an issue with a gear user posting their opinions on something.. Anything non factual in a post can be disproven instantly nowadays and imo, the more forum opinions on a product cant be a bad thing. Your always going to see the full gamut of "reviews"- adoring new gear love affairs where the item in question is a divine gift (some may call them ad) - all the way to - non educated, hateful, beer fueled rants that really don't say much at all.. Balanced reviews are good and all, but I have always found some morbid entertainment in the more extreme and passionate posts.. Oh, and the "back" button is only ever a click away... so there's an easy fix if what I'm reading doesn't sit right.

Just my opinion. :)

• The rules on this forum allow anyone affiliated to a company/product to come here and talk about/discuss their product...it's not against the rules.
    Tom King (a great guy and true gentleman) and Jay Mitchell could come here and do the same thing as 'Rocket Brother' if they chose to...even IF Rocket Brother was affiliated to Atomic (which he isn't), he's allowed to write a review like he's done.

Problem is, Jay Mitchell hasn't said ONE positive thing about the Kemper EVER, so it would be a little odd for him to come here and promote the CLR.
    If you asked Jay what the Kemper sounds like through a CLR he'll tell you the CLR 100% accurately reproduces the ability the Kemper has of producing a guitar tone. :huh:
    Yes but Jay, do you like what the Kemper sounds like through the CLR..."well, it's not a matter of what I like or not, the CLR will reproduce the HD500, 11Rack, Digitech & Kemper tones according to how well these digital modellers are programmed". :huh:
    Yes we know that Jay, but did you like what the Kemper sounded like through a CLR when you tested it?.."well, it sounded like a CLR should sound". :huh:
    Jayyyyyyyyyy!!!, do you think the Kemper is a great piece of gear, YES or NO?..."well, the only answer I can give is, YO".

Just kidding, but you get the picture. :D

• Only thing that matters is that you found something that works well for you - good for you :) .

I did the review to share what I'd found to work perfectly for me and my needs, so that others who perhaps haven't yet found something that works well for them or people just interested in the CLR could get some info and user perspective / opinion on the CLRs.

• Jay and Tom are laughing their asses of and filling their pockets.
    If that is deserved? Dont know and dont care.
    Just one word: dont believe all the marketing crap, only trust your ears and eyes.

To me these Imax speakers on a pole look a bit gayish and not very rock or metal :D