Problems with the Profiler Midi Parameter Documentation

• Hey guys,

I have been trying to understand this document (from the document downloads section) and I am completely lost.

I can use normal program changes, Control changes but when I get to NRPN, the document seems wrong or is not well explained, or just too cryptic.

The document says to send (in order) CC 99, 98, 06, 38. with their associated values, doesn't work (from Logic 9).

Other sites as well as Wikipedia are saying to send 98 before 99... Doesn't work either...

On page 1, the first table says that 98 is MSB but should really be LSB. Same for 99 as it says it is LSB but it should be MSB... ?(

In the example given on the bottom of page 1, they mix decimal and hexadecimal values (in the little Hex dump) and they mention that the delay mix is at RNPN 9475... It should be at 7403...

Anyhow, nothing works and I am getting quite upset with all of this and trying to make sense of it.

Any guidance ?

Thanks,

Marc.

• Ok, soon after I posted my message, I got it working... If my posting was the trigger to make things work I should have done that before...

Anyway, the documentation is definitely wrong and some part of their explanation is backwards.

So, I will try to give you a clearer case scenario, a simple one (in decimal notation).

Say I want to remotely control the Amplifier switch On and Off via NRPN.
    The documentation says that the Amplifier On/Off switch sits at these 2 positions: 10 and 2
    - 10 being the Address Page (MSB)
    - 2 being the Address Number (LSB)

I have to assign a value for both the Address Page (10) and the Address Number (2)
    10 can have only two states in this case because it is a switch (On = 1 or Off = 0)
    2 will always be zero in this case because this is a switch and there is nothing else to fine-adjust

Note that I am sending these midi Control Changes one after the other, in the following sequence for my first successful test.

So here is the Midi Monitor dump of sending the Amplifier switch to Off:

(The #1 repeating itself is the midi channel number I use)
    (Also, the Kemper requires CC38 to commit the change even if the value is 0 )

Control 1 99 10
    Control 1 98 2
    Control 1 6 0
    Control 1 38 0

Next, to turn it back On again:
    Control 1 99 10
    Control 1 98 2
    Control 1 6 1
    Control 1 38 0

The documentation has the MSB( 99 ) and LSB ( 98 ) ordering sequence and meaning backwards...

Now, I have to figure out more complex parameters like gain and mix controls.

Cheers,

Marc.