Kosten Packs. Free Overdrive Bass Profile

• Thank you.
    :thumbup:

• Thank you too.

• Thank you for your effort!

I donated a few bucks, do I get to vote what kind of Amp is going to be next? :thumbup:

If yes, I would LOVE to get some Framus Cobra or Engl Powerball Profiles.

Both amps (especially the Framus Cobra) are underrepresented in this community :)

Edit: I wrote "Fireball" instead of Powerball the first place

• The Smolski signature profiles by Chris H are very good. It's a tweaked version of the Powerball, the profiles sound really similar to a PB.

The Smolski signature profiles by Chris H are very good

The mic-Cab choice/position are (imho) the week place in those profiles. And as soon as you change the cabinet for, lets say Tills one, you "loose" the personality of the ton stack of the amp. Did anyone tried to set the same cab (Tills) to profiles of the same amp with different ton stack settings? they get very close to each other, although with the original cab (profiled with the amp) they sound very different.

So for me it would be more heplful to get profiles of the amp with right mic-cab choice/position and use them as they are (with small tweeks) instead of having profiles, where i have to change the cab for a foreign one, although i do that very often to get the desired ton, but would love to have the fitting profiles as a whole. I dont want to end up with almost identical sound on every album, i have to mix/reamp.

• Sergeant_Pepper, thanks man! The second pack I plan to make Engl Powerball with rectocab. Framus Cobra I will start profiling a bit later because while attempts of its profiling weren't so successful, and I need time to learn to receive a good sound from this amplifier.

• My KPA is out for repair now :( but I can't wait to try these profiles! Hopefully you can have some better luck with the Cobra in the future because I'm still longing for some good profiles of one. :thumbup:

• Sergeant_Pepper, thanks man! The second pack I plan to make Engl Powerball with rectocab. Framus Cobra I will start profiling a bit later because while attempts of its profiling weren't so successful, and I need time to learn to receive a good sound from this amplifier.

Here are my fav settings for the Cobra if you'd like to try them out: :)
    (o'clock)
    Crunch channel, gain 2-3 bass 10 mid 1 treble 1 pres 12 deep 2 ch vol 3 (this is important) fx mix 12 (this as well) master 11, notch switch off.

This was through the matching cab with greenbacks and Duncan Custom pickups.

Another thing to take into consideration with the Cobra is that because the midrange control is (very) low mids, you need to lower the bass if you increase the mids to avoid mud.

• Gotta give this another shoutout. Basicly EVERY profile in that pack is brilliant. Insane. Infact it´s extremely hard for me to even take one of the profiles and declare it my "favourite" out of the pack, thats how great they are. I´m really stoked for your other packs!

• These rigs sound great, especially the cabs! I tried them with some other amps (Juanma Blanco, Peter Fischer, Keith Merrow), and I think, some of them are equal to Till's cabs! Great work!

I wonder if you could upload a cab-pack with all the cabinets you did? I would really appreciate it! :thumbup: