LAST TIME EDITED on 2014, Feb 18th
Are you a beginner with the KPA?
Are you just started to discover this great machine but still doesn't find an ordering rule among hundreds rigs?
Do you really want to use the "Sort by Amp" feature, checking all the same Amp Profiles and compare them to choose your best ones without discovering that everyone use a different amp name?!?!?!
Would you like to have the factory Profiles ordered with the CORRECT amp and a great selection of the best quoted profiles from the forum???
Do you wish to have, on top of the already available Stomp/Effects presets, some more from the finest settings used by expert people here???
And a great collection of cabinets???
... maybe you would like also that almost all the rigs don't have big differences in volume each other, that they will not clip, and maybe that they are also adjusted with noise, gate settings and a little bit of reverb...
WELL, if so ... this thread is FOR YOU !!!
You can have now some different approaches:
1) load my BACKUP after have saved your that include all the rigs plus the performances and change the name/owner in yours; this will substitute everything you already have stored in your KPA, so be careful!!!
2) load the selected rigs/effects importing the single files/directory on your KPA (for this you have the link to a zip file with all the sub-directory)
3) load on the Rig Manager the Rigs and check them with the new tool (note that presets and performances are not readable by now)
For a very beginner I suggest to use the first one, you can come back in any moment after have tried my BACKUP. I obviously exclude all the commercial profiles (it took a little bit of work...) but now finally I can share all the work. A note on my use of the KPA: in the Browse Section I have a sort of DataBase of Amp/Profiles where I can enjoy/try an amp or another and where I often study a particular sound or I improvise on a backing track; in the Performance Section I put the tweaked Rigs for specific Artist/Song/Effect ordered by Band/Artist name, and I leave some Performances free to load with Rigs to be used in a LIVE session.
Here you will find my latest KPA BACKUPs (right click --> save as),
I advice this one mainly for very beginners who have the KPA still to be discovered, but once again I recommend always to save first your Rigs and make before your backup on USB:
Here you will find the same content of the backup but in a RAR file divided into sub-directories FREE Rigs/Presets collection (right click --> save as):
RIGs & PRESETs
Here you have the Delta Pack from the previous Update on Sept 2013 till now:
DELTA Pack from Sept 2013
1) Rigs --> around 800 rigs... a collection from the factory ones including all the signature packs, and a collection from the forum sections; note that the first hundred rigs starting with the character "$" are "special" rigs already tweaked with effects, EQ, stomps, ready to use in a song or in a specific context, think of them as an exhibition/presentation of the capability of the KPA
The TAGs of the Rigs are edited in a way that the Sorting algorithms works well; anyway the original Rig name is often copied in the Amp Comment field to don't loose the original link to the original profile (also original amp creator and other tags are always maintained).
You will notice that, once you change the owner name on the KPA, no RIG is set as "favorite", in this way you could choose and select your favorites easily and then use the function "Delete All but Favorites" to free your KPA for other import.
2) Cabinet --> about 120
3) Stack --> a selection with 200 presets, including some distortion stomps, some Acoustic Amp profiles for Piezo and 20 Bass Amp Profiles
4) Stomp --> about 200 presets, including a lot of interesting EQ presets, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Wha, Pitch Shifter etc... etc...
5) Delay and Reverb presets
6) more and more ...
The Performances with specific Artists/Songs RIGs are not exportable as single files, so you have to load the BACKUP to see them. They are only examples of Rigs found on the forum and/or tweaked by me, but, as you know, it is always a work in progress... don't expect to find a true library here!!
I have to underline that this remains a starting point, then you have to choose your own way of managing rigs and presets, but I can suggest all of you "starter" guys at least to try this, for sure you will have some useful ideas.
Finally I want to thanks all the forum members that share continuously their rigs and amps, as the ideas for sounds and effects settings!!!
Ask me for any question, I will try to maintain updated as much as possible this thread... compatible with the available time...
Have GREAT KPA times!!!!
BASIC INSTRUCTION NOTES ...
1) to load various PRESETs (stomps/effects/stacks ect) simply put the ones you want on the SHARED folder of your USB and push "Import"; note that if the presets are already present in your KPA with the same name, they will be anyway imported (the opposite that happen importing RIGs) and you will find in your presets two times the same file (check it to delete one, if needed). At least for the STOMP presets I used the following convention: names starting with capital letters (like "ROT Slow") is a factory preset of the KPA, names starting with lowercase letters (like "Rot Slow90") are presets added by me.
2) to load the BACKUP use the following steps:
a) make YOUR backup first
b) restore my backup on the KPA
c) enter your KPA name and ENJOY