"Starting Pack" for Beginners: Maurizio70 RIGs, PRESETs and BACKUP (updated to February 10th 2014)

• Thanks for the backup, there are a lot of great presets to go through and it's nice being able to see the actual amp names. The only issue I have now is the "Stomp", "Stack" and "Effect" buttons as well as the buttons above them no longer toggle the blocks on and off. They go to a parameters page to set what's already in the patch. So if for instance an overdrive is on and I push the corresponding soft key, say "A", it no longer turns it off. It goes to the edit page for that effect, whereas before you had to hold the key down for a moment to go to the edit page. This is annoying. How do you make it so pushing the button toggles the effect on and off? Thanks for your help. Otherwise, amazing work!

UPDATE: I found the fix, you have to go to "System" and uncheck "Direct Edit" to turn that off.

• No, there is no a quick way to save/re-load a performance till now.
    The only method is to use the "Store to Pool" function pressing "RIG" from Performance Mode, copy the rigs from Performance to Browse and then manage them from the Browser, saving to USB and reload after.

Ok, when I do this, I can no longer find the rig. It's now within 800 rigs somewhere but not under the name I had it on in performance mode.
    Also tried saving them to my favorites and it saves it with the name of whatever rig is in the browser mode, NOT the rig it was named as in performance mode. strange....

Trying to prepare everything for loading up your backup, just want to make sure everything is clean and ready to go.

Thanks again for doing this!

RC

• Thanks Maurizio, you've done a great work sorting, naming, balancing the output of these profiles. :thumbup:
    Lots of great tone in your backup.

By the way i was still using your last backup as a reference to every profile i load in my kemper. :)

• Hello guys, I'm very happy that someone can use my "Kemper" work in someway ... ;)

I just updated the backup and the rigs&presets file with more or less one hundred rigs that I selected in the past year and I had to free recently to leave space to some commercial rigs. They are great profile, and depending on the guitar/effects used, they can be very good also for you.
    It is included in this also the Ola Englund last pack!

The link are in the first message of the thread...
    And don't forget to check and UNLOCK the INPUT section, once you have loaded a backup, otherwise the Input settings will be the default one for all the rigs!

• I'm really enjoying this Maurizio. For some reason I am unable to get my volume and wah to work. I like Volume to be on the right and wah the next one on myFCB 1010
    Do you know how to correct this?

Thank you again for this!

RC

• I'm really enjoying this Maurizio. For some reason I am unable to get my volume and wah to work. I like Volume to be on the right and wah the next one on myFCB 1010
    Do you know how to correct this?

Thank you again for this!

RC

Do you have a UnO or UnO for Kemper Chip inside your FCB?

• Hmmm, not sure how to calibrate the fcb.
    I'm reloading my previous backup to see if it's running normally again.

*Edit,
    I just reloaded my original backup and both pedals work properly. It appears its just some setting in the starting pack. Maybe Maurizio can chime in and give me a tip on how to fix it. :D

On another note, Im loading the starting pack back up, things just sounded better. ;)

Just needed to rename things. all is working now and sounding even better,

THANK YOU MAURIZIO FOR THIS!!

• I have to add that there is something in the configuration change of my KPA that sounds noticeably better since I put Maurizio's backup on mine. Don't have a clue what is different but it sounds fantastic!

• I have to add that there is something in the configuration change of my KPA that sounds noticeably better since I put Maurizio's backup on mine. Don't have a clue what is different but it sounds fantastic!

Sorry for the FCB, I don't own still the pedal board, so on this track I couldn't help, but I'm happy you find a good way to use my backup.
    For sure I didn't make any special "magic" to sound better, and the KPA have no general parameter to make differences between a backup or another. On the general settings I only put ON the link with "pedal volume - wha - pedal shifter", if I remember well, but anyone can change these by his own.

What one can find different in my backup is this: even if I tended to give only few and little modifications to every original profile to leave it's character untouched, it is also true that I never stored any rig without some personal additional tweaking to match my taste and feeling for creating a "great sound", otherwise I would have deleted it. You know, it is always subjective but after many years of "digital" tweaking my ears are for sure more "expert" in this region ;):D

• Quote from 'Maurizio

For sure I didn't make any special "magic" to sound better, and the KPA have no general parameter to make differences between a backup or another.

So you say... ;)

Actually, the volume is at 9 and everything sounds better louder on the KPA. This may be one thing. (I had to turn down my monitors) :P

• So you say... ;)

Actually, the volume is at 9 and everything sounds better louder on the KPA. This may be one thing. (I had to turn down my monitors) :P

Aaah, yes 8o , volume at 9 with all the rigs regulated according to this is very useful. This permit to use all the dynamics of the KPA without having unwanted distortion/clip, and also to have some more "room" till 10 (that are other 2.5 db) to push the volume up if needed, but I suggest to never go under 8 ;)

• Would be nice to see steve vai performances fleshed out with more sounds like Tender Surrender cleans n lead. Working real nice here with uno4kemper. Only change I made was for outputs, -6db for Alto TS112A and -10db for JBL PRX612 both in mono. Works great with PRS se custom 24 n Torero.