"Starting Pack" for Beginners: Maurizio70 RIGs, PRESETs and BACKUP (updated to February 10th 2014)

• Hi Maurizio,

Thanks a lot for your effort compiling your Starting Pack!

To get an overview of this massive collection I created a content list of all the rigs and presets of your FREE Rigs/Presets collection. This list may be useful for everybody interested in your collection so I'd like to share it with you. The list was generated by KIPR Tag Editor and is available in two formats: As csv text file and in OpenDocument Spreadsheet file format. The later is best opened with OpenOffice or LibreOffice (newer Excel versions may work as well).

Maurizio70_KPA_RIGs&PRESETs_kipr_tag_editor_output.csv
    Maurizio70_KPA_RIGs&PRESETs_kipr_tag_editor_output.ods

Note: for editing tags in your collection with KIPR Tag Editor you would have to create your own csv file containing full path names.

Edited once, last by trebie ().

• Hey there
    Thanks a lot Maurizio
    Your pack really helped me ! I was kind of lost and overwhelmed by all these presets
    I'll definitely keep using your system to classify my rigs (CR, DR ...)
    Thanks !

• Hi all,

New Kemper user here.

First off, big thanks to Maurizio for putting this pack together.

I have a question for you guys. Since I'm new, and would like to load the latest OS (2.2.0 Beta as of this writing), if I then load this Maurizio backup, will that revert the OS back to whatever version Maurizio had running when he made the pack? Is the correct way to have the best of both worlds to load the new OS with all the new factory rigs, and then add the Maurizio rigs and presets to the share folder to bring them over as well? Sounds like this will result in much duplication, and a lot of cleanup afterwards to remove similar rigs and presets. Is there a better way? Thanks for the help, this is a bit overwhelming initially (but in a fun way). :)

• Hey dB (pun),

welcome here :)

No worries, OS and profiles are different beasts.
    Furthermore, when you load any OS the factory profiles are not automatically loaded, so you have all the versatility and the freedom to try whatever you want in any order :)

• I have a question for you guys. Since I'm new, and would like to load the latest OS (2.2.0 Beta as of this writing), if I then load this Maurizio backup, will that revert the OS back to whatever version Maurizio had running when he made the pack? Is the correct way to have the best of both worlds to load the new OS with all the new factory rigs, and then add the Maurizio rigs and presets to the share folder to bring them over as well? Sounds like this will result in much duplication, and a lot of cleanup afterwards to remove similar rigs and presets. Is there a better way? Thanks for the help, this is a bit overwhelming initially (but in a fun way). :)

In my backup there are already the majority of the factory rigs available, so my suggestion is that you can start with this even just for a first period, then you will find your own way to manage rigs, have fun! ;)

• Thanks guys.

I successfully backed up my Kemper then restored your full backup Maurizio. That was really a fun evening. I like your way of organizing the rigs. I played most of them (I think the wife wanted to get to sleep when I got to the MT Mesa Boogie Tripple Rects section near the end of the list, so I had to stop LOL). My favorites were the$Surf's Up, one called sLD Ada MP1 Liquid, and the yMT Mesa RectSing. I put those in my favorites, but many others were really awesome as well. My ears were pretty tired by the end, so I'll probably go through them all again after taking a break and re-listen.

I have another quick question. In the original Factory rigs there were two that I reallly liked which I think you have somewhere in yours as well, One was called Acoustic B, and the other was Steaves Lead. I'll look through the spreadsheeds that are posted here on the forum that list all the tags and try to identify the corresponding names in your backup, but here is my question. Is there a way to know if or what you modified from the factory originals (assuming I got the correct rig name for each). Or is this just a case of - load the originals and listen to both?

Thanks again for all the hard work.

• Loaded the backup, it's really good!!! Thanks Maurizio!!!

Has anyone fixed the wah and volume with the Uno4Kemper??
    Got the same problem.

Thanks!

You are welcome :)

For the Wah and Volume pedal it should be sufficient to go in the System Menu and deactivate the flags "Wha to Volume" and "Wha to Pitch" that are good for the configuration with only a single pedal...

• Hi Guys,
    it's a pleasure to me celebrate my second Anniversary as a KPA owner 8o
    Still learning and still very happy of the capability of this incredible machine!

So I hope this could be a good gift for all the Starters Kemperists: I update my collection of Rigs and Performances (for the Free Part at least) that I'm glad to share with this great community.

• Hi Guys!

Here you will find my latest KPA BACKUPs (right click --> save as);
    I advice this one mainly for very beginners who have the KPA still to be discovered, but once again I recommend always to save first your Rigs and make before your backup on USB, consider that your general and system settings will be overwritten from my backup once you restore it. After restoring it remember to change the KPA name and to check the System preferences to match your needs.
    BACKUP

Here you will find the same content of the backup but in a RAR file divided into sub-directories FREE Rigs/Presets collection (right click --> save as):
    RIGs & PRESETs

You can now (at least for the collection of Rigs in the Browse list) check them also throught the Rig Manager... check the beginning of the thread for major details...

I want to thank the Kemper Team for the overall support they give us (also to me in managing in the best way this rigs/backup sharing) and for the great and free opportunity we still have in sharing such great contents.

• Here you will find my latest KPA BACKUPs (right click --> save as):

Remember that if you share your backups, that you import them via the shared folder and do not restore from them.
    Otherwise you are messing up the personalization of the Profiler, with all the disadvantages regarding own rigs, favourites etc.
    In general, it is not a good idea to share a backup. Make a zip from the content or at least remove all global settings etc. from the backup.