Aliasing still an issue?

• "this guys knows this that guy that works in a pro studio"

As a matter of fact, I think my uncle knew the grandfather of a distant relative of the niece of said guy (the 2nd one). They were hiking together in an enchanted pixie forest in search for the holy grail of guitar tone.

• Yes, alway check the source where the "information" comes from.
    I have no aliasing problems and I don't think producers like Andy Sneap or Michael Wagener would keep using it on their records if they had problems. A good thing is that it will replicate the same disharmonic phenomena when two notes rub against eachother, just like when playing real amps. but this is 100% natural and normal and not aliasing.

Have a listen to some kemper music here.
    http://www.wikpa.org/Enjoy_it

• "Both are solid units; I've worked with the KPA through clients. I prefer the Axe-FX II across the board for a myriad of reasons, but both are legit professional level boxes.

I'm almost the Anti-Christ on the Kemper forum because I use the Fractal; though I've never said one bad word about the KPA. That sort of thing, I do not go in for. The amount of vitriol that can come up due to owning another piece of gear is like opposing sport team fans almost; if you "play" on the other team they hate you. It's amusing and sad at the same time.

The need to defend a piece of gear is likewise overblown; I foolishly undertook it for years trying to right what I knew was wrong. Moral: you can't fix the Internet. One of my personal resolutions for the past year is to just let people believe and say what they want, right or wrong. It all makes me chuckle now. No issues here.

Posting on forums doesn't 'win' any argument guys; no matter how deeply you believe what you are posting is the truth. Truth is relative to the other guy's perception. Everything is subjective - perception is not objective." - Scott Peterson

:rolleyes:

Can there be a shred of doubt about the sincerity of this statement? I mean, just close your eyes and dream of all your skin being stripped off your bones as they disintegrate into shards with the second coming of Scott Peterson. Oh, the light, the light.

Aw. The Axe guys are reading our threads and now they don't want to squelch opinions and censor content anymore.

I'm almost the Anti-Christ on the Kemper forum because I use the Fractal; though I've never said one bad word about the KPA. That sort of thing, I do not go in for.

:D The man just loves stirring the pot, while appearing to do the opposite. Manipulation 101.

• I choose to believe Scott his statement. Using the word foolish in his post is something he has never ever did before. Sadly I am the anti-christ at FAS and TGP so I could not like his post. And maybe he now decides to lift my "banned for life" status. We will see. Wisdom comes with aging.

• You got banned from TGP? What did you do? There's no point or future in raving on any forum, man. It's just the internet, we might as well be civil and can just not login to places where our views are not appreciated.

Scott Peterson did a great job in nurturing those forums when they started out and it's a great place to hang around and just talk crap about gear and instruments. It's only in later years that he got the reputation of being a shill and a propaganda expert. It's a shame that it's HIS site and he takes pains to make sure people read what he wants them to read. But the best policy for such situations is still to walk away.

Let it slide. History will decide whether you were right or wrong. I just thought it was funny that he thinks his words have any weight left in them after years of that ridiculous attitude. The Axe FX is a great product, so many people say so. Why the hell did any dissenting voices get crucified to prove that point?

I could associate him with a figure like Pontius Pilate, but the Anti-Christ analogy is lost on me. He was repentant too.

• It's funny. Because he's so closely related to the Gear Page, I guess folks expect him to be 100% gear neutral and have no opinion on anything. In all honesty, there's a small group of both Kemper and Axe owners which made the digital forum at TGP unbearable for quite a few months. A bunch of that stuff was spilling over here and to other forums as well. Stupid stuff for sure, but some folks just can't stand it when someone has a differing opinion than their own.

• I actually got banned from the Fractal Forum.
    It was a comment the Cliff made about having discovered something that took him 5 years to figure out.
    I replied "12AX7's ?"

Within 5 minutes (maybe less) the comment was removed and I received a message that I was permanently banned.

I emailed Fractal and asked why and they never responded.

So it doesn't take much to get banned from the TGP or Fractal if they don't approve of your comments.

Edited once, last by davep ().

• I love your answer !! 12AX7's :D