KPA Firmware 2.1

• Hm... had to roll back to 2.01. Some profiles suddenly sounded shrill, even after system reset and the delay jumepd in and out randomly. Still unsure, why all this happend.

I have the same sound in 2.01 and 2.1.

To help you do like this:

Play something into a looper or record it for reamping

Then use 2.01 to do a short recording

Finally use 2.1 to do a short recording

Share the recordings

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Hm... had to roll back to 2.01. Some profiles suddenly sounded shrill, even after system reset and the delay jumepd in and out randomly. Still unsure, why all this happend.

I was reamping guitars and decided to update. Then I went back to reamping and the sound quality was the same as always.

• I have been using 2.1 beta for the past two hours and it is another step in a positive direction. Nice (subtle) changes, sounds excellent and no issues.

Thank you Kemper engineers.

Will

• There still appears to be a startup bug in 2.1

When I startup the KPA into performance mode, the first slot in performance #1 has the wrong rig name in the dark strip along the bottom.
    If I go up to performance 2 and back, it fixes itself.

Anyone else get this?

• OK Gentlemen, problems solved :)

The tweaked pedal settings resulted in slightly different wah positions on some proflies, which turned out to alter the sound. Comparing "original" sounds without wah/pedalcontrolled effects gave identical sounds in 2.01 and 2.1.

Thanks for all encouragement to search for the source! Seems like the little details I tend to overlook produce interesting results ;)

Mavid

• I re-installed 2.01. In 2.1 almost all high gain presets had less gain than in 2.01...
    Strange...
    Now in 2.01 everything is ok again... :)

Hi
    i have this too all rigs have less gain in 2.q
    after going baack to 2.01 all is ok
    what is the problem in 2,1?

Maybe you had the input section (clean & dist. sense) unlocked before updating and it is locked afterwards?

• Has anybody mentioned this?

It seems to me that there should be a .bios offered that does NOT include a return to Factory Rigs since that obviously will take up RAM that the user (ahem... me) many not want.

• There is definitly a sound change with the new firmware. :S
    I have my toasterhead since one and a half year and played more than 300 shows with it and in the meantime I know exactly how it normally sounds. I have recognized that the sound change depends at the profiles - some profiles has not changed (the crunch and high gain are sounding equal before and after updating ), but other sounds have now not so much gain as normal and it seems that they have not so much presence than before.
    For example I have a few profiles of my Hughes & Kettner Tube 50, the clean channel of this amp has always a very light distortion so that the sound is real powerful (thats the reason why I like the clean sounds of this amp). We profiled these sounds in a studio and spend two days to make them perfect - the KPA imitated this sound very well - after updating to the new firmware, the sounds are very, very different now, no balls at all, totally flat now and it does not bite anymore. This changes are with the most of my very light distored clean sounds, I´ve tried to dial in more gain and played a little bit with the clean sense, but the result is not the same as the sound was before.
    I can not give any sound examples because I have no time to do A/B recordings at this time but my ears don´t lie - I mainly use these lightly distorted clean sounds and know them very well.
    I have to roll back to 2.0 and hope, that the sounds are then like they were before updating.

After playing guitar for more than 35 years as a professional musician, the KPA is still the best tool I ever had (and I had them all, the expensive Rocktrons, Line 6s a.s.o...)
    Thank you, Mr. C.K.

Play it like you mean it.

Edited once, last by WS ().

• thats exactly what i heard,
    the crunch sounds changed
    try the red plate push 2 from amp factory
    its a tremendous difference when you play this profile
    in 2.01 and 2.1
    whats the reason?
    please mr ck take this serious, the kemper is a giant tool
    but i need to rely on that my sound dont change from update to update
    whats your opinion on this
    thanks

• Hi!

In another thread, I did a test between 1.5 and 2.1 and there was a difference in gain between them reamping through spdif. Once I adjusted the distortion sense, there was a difference, but the sound quality was ok.

I'll do the same with the main input and a looper, instead of reamping.

Saludos!

• Audio

- added: Aux In Volume can be controlled separately for Main and Monitor/Headphone Out
    - fixed: noise affecting clean sounds
    - fixed: Pitch Shifter tracking lack immediately after rig change
    - fixed: Wah Lowpass and Hipass signal levels corrected
    - fixed: clipping of guitar signal on Direct Out and SPDIF Out - changed: New ‘Initialised Rig’ is now based on Christoph Kemper’s first profile ‘CK 0’

the cause of everything ?