Does size matter? Size of profile file, that is

• My KPA locked up recently after loading some new profiles from the exchange. It would get to a certain profile and then either lockup or restart ( and then lock-up). After clearing the memory and reloading all the profiles several times with the same result, I noticed that some of the newer profiles were 8KB instead of 4 KB. I'm running earlier firmware because I have A LOT of profiles and don't want to cut down to under 1000 right now. Does frye newer firmware use a larger profile size?

• I know the older Profiles were 4kb and the newer ones are 5kb, but 8kb?

Have you checked that no Profiles you're trying to load are 0kb...those are "Corrupted" and newer firmware detects them and removes them...or you can check first and if you see 0kb then delete it.

• My KPA locked up recently after loading some new profiles from the exchange. It would get to a certain profile and then either lockup or restart ( and then lock-up). After clearing the memory and reloading all the profiles several times with the same result, I noticed that some of the newer profiles were 8KB instead of 4 KB. I'm running earlier firmware because I have A LOT of profiles and don't want to cut down to under 1000 right now. Does frye newer firmware use a larger profile size?

Make sure you don't mistake the "rough estimate" shown size in the explorer window (or finder) with the real size. A file on a file system will take space in multiples of the file system's block size. Right now, this is often 4 KiB. So if a rig is 4 KiB+1 Byte, it will use 8 KiB on the disk (since it uses two blocks now).

Regarding the Rig file size in general, yes, there are new parameter blocks (like the user scales) the can push a rig to be more than 4096 bytes in size.

Note that you might not be able to load the newer rigs properly, in fact, there is a bug in versions before 1.5.2 that could even stop the KPA from booting when using Rigs from newer firmwares.

Timo