BK Butler Tube Driver

• Congrats ... was a hassle to get tickets ... Mr. Gilmour has 3 of these with him live and as a coinaisseur of tone he might do this because the pedal gives him something amps alone don't give him. Let me be a bit sarcastic here: with the right combination of the KPA's fuzz or distortion boxes, a proper pre stomp and post stomp eq and a well chosen shaper stomp you can simulate almost any pedal there is on the market ... this might, however take a couple of years to dial in (as long as it took for the KPA family to come up with half a decent vibe tone). Adding still more sarcasm: This in a company who haven't implemented more of the expression pedals functions, because they don't want to use a way that may look as if it is coming directly from the 80s. I have a very strong feeling that nothing is going to change about the fuzz/dist stomps in the future. Shame, though. Anybody here who likes KPA's take on the BigMuff or FuzzFace?

Your very strong feeling is incorrect.

• Congrats ... was a hassle to get tickets ... Mr. Gilmour has 3 of these with him live and as a coinaisseur of tone he might do this because the pedal gives him something amps alone don't give him. Let me be a bit sarcastic here: with the right combination of the KPA's fuzz or distortion boxes, a proper pre stomp and post stomp eq and a well chosen shaper stomp you can simulate almost any pedal there is on the market ... this might, however take a couple of years to dial in (as long as it took for the KPA family to come up with half a decent vibe tone). Adding still more sarcasm: This in a company who haven't implemented more of the expression pedals functions, because they don't want to use a way that may look as if it is coming directly from the 80s. I have a very strong feeling that nothing is going to change about the fuzz/dist stomps in the future. Shame, though. Anybody here who likes KPA's take on the BigMuff or FuzzFace?

I have had some nice results with the Big Muff and Fuzzface, Uploaded a clip with the Muff and Gilmours Hiwatt from TAF:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Dlaut: Well, I have a feeling. Based on various considerations - one of them being that admittedly there aren't many users who complain about the distortion stomps. What do you know that I don't know?

• Anybody here who likes KPA's take on the BigMuff or FuzzFace?

It took me a while to warm up to the Muff stomp. Combining it with the Treble Booster in front and playing with EQ got me closer to Gilmour's Ram's Head tones, although I never exactly nailed it. As I've posted many times before, I never got even in the ballpark of Gilmour's farty/spitty Fuzz Face tones. Now that I'm more familiar with the Recti Shaper and ducking I might be able to do better.

• More Tube Driver incentive :D

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.