1.5.0 vs. 2.1.O sound -are you enough brave to go back to 1.5.0 ???

• too much polite approach mba.... you are very nice guy :D 8)

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• You are welcome Tone ...but I thought maybe Mr CK will visit this thread , and say something here as well ;( 8)
    But , ok ,not a big deal, we can wait here ..... 8o

• We have found it.
    It is a simple drop in input volume and thus gain, when no expression pedal is connected as a volume pedal.
    The volume drop is exactly compensated by putting distortion sense to 2.2, as many of you have stated.

We'll have a new beta ready soon!

Thanks!
    CK

I switch back to 1.5 and with no doubt it's more tight, it's more harsch too.
    I feel like it is closer to the raw microphone sound though i have to check it.
    All in all i prefer 2.1 which is more musical but i would like to have the choice.

To all the experts and cork sniffers, please excuse my humour :)
    What you are experiencing is a simple drop in gain in version 2.1, as many have correctly evaluated.

It's simply like diluting (mixing) a good wine with some water. In a test, some might find out that it's mixed with just some water, others might give us a lecture about the bouquet and the new flourish taste of the second wine and recommend it for summer nights, as it was made by lighter grapes.

Gotya! The 2.1 sounds equal, but was simply mixed with water (exactly 28%). :)

• When you change the input level all profiles created before 2.1 will be fine - when using the next firmware version.

What about profiles created with 2.1?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• I absolutely LOVED the rawness/feel of 1.5. It was this firmware revision that converted me from tube amps all together to "only" the KPA. I was TOTALLY astounded/impressed by how much the KPA was JUST like a "raw rockin" tube amp.

Not to open up old threads and arguments as I do agree the tone/sound didn't change but the feel/rawness as mentioned did. I 100% believe CK didn't change the sound/tone as he stated but maybe the levels/routing carried through the entire KPA were changed resulting in a more refined rawness/feel?

Whilst I agree I'm probably in the minority as most prefer a more refined response/feel, however, I wish 1.5 was avaliable with all the updates we have today. If that rawness was still there it would sway far more players away from tube amps and dare I say it - the AXEFX11.

As requested above, if options like studio/live or as above were in place it would be a serious game changer in this field.

Again, I don't wish to incite arguments or upset anyone but I still believe 1.5 had something that revisions thereafter haven't had. I'm talking about something that can't be recorded and measured as it was a rawness/feel thing that coud only be realised by the actual person playing the unit. Yes, I do agree the tone/sound were not updated/touched as CK stated.

• Again, I don't wish to incite arguments or upset anyone but I still believe 1.5 had something that revisions thereafter haven't had. I'm talking about something that can't be recorded and measured as it was a rawness/feel thing that coud only be realised by the actual person playing the unit. Yes, I do agree the tone/sound were not updated/touched as CK stated.

If there's a difference, be sure it can be measured. Measured with precision and results infinitely more reliable than that of our emotional brains.

"Feel" is not unrelated to the sound. If it feels different, it must sound different. If it feels different and sounds exactly the same, that "feel" is the wonderful human brains of ours at work. Mixing emotions into the equation.

8)

• If measurement was that accurate and effective wouldn't we already have a profiler/modeller that was exactly the same as a tube amp in every way.

They're VERY close of course but that intangible feel/response of a tube amp to the player still alludes. I do agree they will eventually get there but they're not 100% there today. Again, they're very close.

I take your comments onboard in a positive way academically,however, our human ears are the end game and nothing else.

• Analogy with wine and water is excellent !
    Thanks Mr CK , it seems my old ears (tongue?) still can make distinction between pure wine and gemischt

To all the experts and cork sniffers, please excuse my humour :)
    What you are experiencing is a simple drop in gain in version 2.1, as many have correctly evaluated.

It's simply like diluting (mixing) a good wine with some water. In a test, some might find out that it's mixed with just some water, others might give us a lecture about the bouquet and the new flourish taste of the second wine and recommend it for summer nights, as it was made by lighter grapes.

Gotya! The 2.1 sounds equal, but was simply mixed with water (exactly 28%). :)

• I appreciate your passion!

However, the version 1.52 and following were the suspect of a huge thread about one year ago. No fair A/B comparison clip could reveal a noticable difference.

For sure there is one potential issue of feel, that no recording can reveal: latency.
    But user measurements have shown that there is no difference in latency.

• This is criminal !!! In France you'll have ended in Jail , except if you were older than 75 , elder people use to to dilute their wine.

LOL :D

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• ""
    Today, 5:51pm
    Kemper Profiler OS 2.1.1 is available for download
    hello everybody,

2.1.1 addresses an issue related to the preamp gain and is available at the usual place:

http://www.kemperamps.com/start

have a good weekend, gs""

Wow kemper team Fast service !! i am astonished ! :D . Still didnt have time to update! but surelly rocks ! cheers :thumbup:

• thanks very much user name Tone, it was my pleasure :P

Edited 2 times, last by Rescator ().

• When you change the input level all profiles created before 2.1 will be fine - when using the next firmware version.

What about profiles created with 2.1?

Is your last pack created with version 2.1? If so, will these profiles sound different when updating to 2.1.1?

• Is your last pack created with version 2.1? If so, will these profiles sound different when updating to 2.1.1?

Yes, that's the still unanswered question.
    Did 2.1 created profiles sound right with firmware <> 2.1 or only with 2.1 and the gain needs to be reduced a bit to be correct in other firmware versions?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de