The amp you've all been waiting for years : Squier Sidekick 15 - With an exclusive Interview

• Just found him on the top a bin, hanging aimlessly in the streets : I decided to go for an interview...

[Blocked Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tRRaRzq-Okk/Ui7c2nQeB3I/AAAAAAAAAIk/Kpnqr5UXrlA/s640/IMG_20130910_081507.jpg]

Hello , who are you ?

I'm Kirk

Hello Kirk where do you come from ?

I'm a lonnnng way from home , I ended up on those street lately, but I come from Texas.

Tell us about your story ...

My father Ike raised me in a hard way , he took me on the roads as soon as I could stand up , at the age of 3. Ike was a beautiful 69' Blackface, with that shiny clothing,but he used to growl & drink maybe a bit too much, so I often had to finish his songs by myself. Eventually he died in a bar in new york beaten by this stupid punk that used to use him as a stand for his beers, the big spill ... electrical shock & transfo attack :(

And what about your Mom

ahhh Mommy , everybody called her 'the Big twins' If you know what I mean ;) I remember this fabulous pair of 15" while she was breastfeeding me and also that unique red eye as she was staring at her baby, those were the years, before I was thrown on the road. She also died when I was 5 during the cold war era, she didn't survived a tube transplant after a long carrer in soul music ( damned sovtek tubes !!!)

And what about your condition now, you look tired ?

Ahh man it's a long story , anyway here it is : Ike kept me as a backing on the road, we started in the 60's in Chicago where I learnt the hard rules of business (juke joints, booze) But we hard the girls and loads of them :) Strats, teles, 335 all you can imagine : hey cutey are you ready for a ride ??? Yeah !!!

And what about music ??

Ah yeah, I learnt my first song in 61 ( you're nothing but a hound dog), I loved it then we started this long career through the sixties, with all those hippies and this acid trip I had back in 65 when I was seven year old, I was then plugged to this psychedelic device a fuzz face and this strange pedal, the Whoowhoo or somethin' , man I've seen the dark side of the moon during this trip, i think I might have lost a few caps during the ride, but I enjoyed every part of it. This was short after that the new era of punk laminated us , man, my father didn't make it as you know the sad story.

I survived , I don't know how , maybe a story of glue sniffing to get back my tolex back :( Then I made my own way in the eighties as starter amp in the 80's. Man I've seen so much stairways and smokes on the water , that I cannot stand it anymore, I brake a fuse each time I hear those notes again :(

Hopefully some guy with dark clothes and hair all around his white face put me on chorus, I backlined him on the same two notes for ten years then I had the most impressive experience in my life, I was once used as a foot stand during the recording of 'purple rain' by prince, I remember when I stood on me with his snake boots ( I lost my handle during the process, I had to wait till 2010 to get it back).

What about your latests projects now ??

I was thrown to the road once again last year this is why you fount me in the streets, alone with dogs pissing on me. My latest owner (some emo kid) upgraded to a valvestate park amp, can you imagine that, a PARK AMP !!!

Man, I understand your rage ...

Yeah for sure ... but I have a goal now, get an eternal life and get cryonigized, so I can retire.

How that ?

Don't you heard about this german tech ??

Which one ??

this one , the Kimper, the 'mercedes benz' of cryonigation, I'm sure you heard about it. You get 'blown' in every hole during the process but it's really worth it. Let me explain it to you, it's almost safe : they send you waves of fuzz flames in the face then you got this roller coaster ride in every frequency you can imagine, then you finally get processed by a pneumatic drill and you're done.

Really ?

Yes they put you in this little ash box for posterity and you get a beautiful tag, here is mine : 'Squier 15 sidekick cranked' sexy, huh ??

• :D

I'm wondering whether this profile can compete with my Marshall MS-2 profile!! :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar