It miss the air

• The Kemper is my best studio tool. It,s sounds simply amazing....In concerts it depends from the type of the PA, but it,s great too...
    I think that some of us are missing the big mass of "air" created by the guitar boxes in small places...

...And the lack of the air, airy sound in the upper register of the Kemper is simply not true and easily measurable. :P

• The way to add air—as in, the highest frequencies—that you perceive to be lacking, is to simply plug the Studio Equalizer into the X slot, adjust the High Freq to at least 14k or even much higher, then add the desired amount of High Gain (maybe 1 or 2 db).
    I do this a lot on clean and low gain profiles—not to make up for a deficit in the profiles upper frequencies, but to add sparkle in the "air band". Mid to high gain profiles don't usually need this treatment as much because you end up with sizzle and can loose warmth... unless that is what your after.
    Since this extra air extension is in addition to other potential high freq boosting throughout the signal chain, a little goes a long way, and must be added judiciously.

Sparkle that's the word and the opposite would be dull?
    Sparkle is important on clean sound, it makes music.
    I already posted records and everybody can do it if you have a tube microphone and a twin or vibrolux.
    Record each step after profiling and you will hear the loss.
    By the way at this time Armin was agree with me that it changes when you save the profile.

Of course CK is right but that's not what was saying Armin, there is still music after 13khz.

• Record each step after profiling and you will hear the loss.
    By the way at this time Armin was agree with me that it changes when you save the profile.

I have done that the very first day I received my KPA. I recorded the amp and the profile of the amp and compared both tracks later. I also did cut the takes and recombined them and tried if I could spot the edits - I couldn't. There is no loss after profiling, at least not with my amps. I believe I've read that some amps with a complex gainstaging structure are harder to profile so that might be an aspect to consider.

But for a simple Fender, Marshall or Vox the profiling process just did it for me.

• Record each step after profiling and you will hear the loss.

To be clear, I hear absolutely no loss of high frequency in my clean profiles, I was merely suggesting a method to enhance what you may perceive as less-than-expected "air".

• Mba,
    I do not rember you posting these clips here. Please post it again. Don't troll.
    It is true that profiles can change their output volume after saving, and I have learned you perceive volume changes as a change in sound. I have explained this to you already when this topic came up a while ago. :)

• I had to really think about this a lot, maybe too much lol. My band just finished our album and our producer, engineer and mix engineer all make grammy nominated albums. They have used the Kemper quite a bit lately too. None of them have expressed any issues with this and it was never relayed to me when we used the Kemper. In fact if not for them I wouldn't have bought a Kemper to begin with. It took the amps we used on the album and gave me a "Carbon Copy" of them for live use. I cannot for the life of me even understand what this loss of sound is. Are there any HD files of this I can listen to so I can identify this? I'm starting to think "air issue" in the Kemper is like the Sasquatch. Something that is believed to be true by some but has never been seen or proven.

• on a related note:

as mentioned in previous threads, the Profile does have a slightly higher latency in profiling mode, than it does in browse or perfom (=play) mode.
    this pre-delay, so to speak, could give you the impression of room/space/air when you are hearing it simultaneously with your guitar's acoustic sound.
    in a recording this would obviously not show up.

Air, like fizz, is such a unspecific term, there are no recordings to back this claim up.
    btw. I did compare recordings of profile mode and browse mode a while ago and there is no difference other than what CK already mentioned.

• My ears don't miss any air ... only miss the frequency above 14-15 kHz ... ;(

Are you so lucky to hear such wide spectrum range ??? ;):D
    High Frequency Range Test (8-22 kHz)

I've done this in the past and this test reconfirms the results, I start to hear something faint at 17 kHz. But there is little truly musical happening in that spectrum. I suspect anyone could take their favorite songs and cut out everything happening above ~12kHz and barely be able to tell a difference, certainly no impact on the actual song...