Will MIDI documentation be updated?

• The doc still does not show Pitch effect parameters. It also doesn't document how a controller registers for 2-way communication. I presume there is an enumerated list for the "Type" value for stomps, it would be nice if it were documented.

Thanks!

• Wouldn't they keep that to themselves until at least the launch of the KFC.

Would they want 3rd parties to beat them to the punch?

Just curious did the AXE FX or similar release this info?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I presume there is an enumerated list for the "Type" value for stomps, it would be nice if it were documented.

No, that is not part of *that* documentation.

Here is a list for the Types:

0 *Empty*
    1 Wah Wah
    2 Wah Low Pass
    3 Wah High Pass
    4 Wah Vowel Filter
    6 Wah Phaser
    7 Wah Flanger
    8 Wah Rate Reducer
    9 Wah Ring Modulator
    10 Wah Freq Shifter
    12 Wah Formant Shift
    17 Bit Shaper
    18 Recti Shaper
    19 Soft Shaper
    20 Hard Shaper
    21 Wave Shaper
    33 Green Scream
    34 Plus DS
    35 One DS
    36 Muffin
    37 Mouse
    38 Fuzz DS
    39 Metal DS
    113 Treble Booster
    114 Lead Booster
    115 Pure Booster
    116 Wah Pedal Booster
    97 Graphic Equalizer
    98 Studio Equalizer
    99 Metal Equalizer
    101 Stereo Widener
    49 Compressor
    57 Gate 2:1
    58 Gate 4:1
    65 Vintage Chorus
    66 Hyper Chorus
    67 Air Chorus
    71 Micro Pitch
    68 Vibrato
    69 Rotary Speaker
    70 Tremolo
    81 Phaser
    82 Phaser Vibe
    83 Phaser Oneway
    89 Flanger
    91 Flanger Oneway
    121 Loop Mono
    122 Loop Stereo
    123 Loop Distortion
    129 Transpose
    11 Pedal Pitch
    130 Chromatic Pitch
    131 Harmonic Pitch

• Thanks. I am having difficulty controlling the input. I want to be able to switch between the SPDIF & the alt input. Is that possible? The docs only have spdif enable/disable.

• 0 Front Input
    1 Aux Input
    2 Spdif Input

Hi Christoph,

What is the MSB value for the various input parameters? I expected it to be either 9 or 127, but neither seem to work.

Will an updated MIDI Parameter list be released any time soon? I'm working on a KPA editor for the iPad, and I can't find any information about certain parameters, including:

Ducking
    Stereo Widener Intensity
    Stereo Widener Tune
    Compressor Threshold
    Modulation Detune
    Pitch
    Voice 1 Pitch
    Voice 2 Pitch
    Detune
    Voice 1 Interval
    Voice 2 Interval
    Key
    Voice Mix
    User Scale 1 Steps 0-11
    User Scale 2 Step 0-11

As has been requested by many users, bi-directional MIDI support would be great. If you don't mind sharing, how do the various footcontroller vendors handle this? Do they simply use the documented SYSEX messages (Request Single/Multi Parameter), or is there another protocol?

Thanks for any additional information!

• This very useful info has not been shared publicly although a lot of people requested it. For some reason Kemper doesn t seem to be helpful on that matter. Liquid foot, uno4kemper had access to that info, not us...

• This very useful info has not been shared publicly although a lot of people requested it. For some reason Kemper doesn t seem to be helpful on that matter. Liquid foot, uno4kemper had access to that info, not us...

The protocol the 3rd parties are using are not really secret. Kemper talks with everyone coming along. But there is indeed a limited use for that kind of protocol, additionally it is dynamically updated or extended in discussion with those manufacturers. The sheer number of parameters and possibilities of the Profiler is different to other devices on the market, therefore the communication etc. is not that easy as with simpler MIDI devices.
    A lot of the protocol didn't even exist before those talkings with UnO, FAMC etc.