Transpose feature is awesome!!!

• Used this feature in a gig last nite as my band now play Burn it To The ground by Nickelback. This song is in drop B which for me would mean I have to take another guitar tuned to drop B just for 1 song. But with the KPA and the transpose feature all I do is drop my top string to D click the transpose on set to -3 and away we go. I think latency has been improved here since first release of this feature as I hardly noticed it, when before it was very noticeable some times when chugging chords

Thank you KPA team for a great feature I can now play one of my fav songs live :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Yes, I use it regularly and it's improving all the time. I don't notice the latency unless I'm shredding or playing more thrash/death metal style rhythms. Even then it still holds up pretty well considering I'm playing in standard tuning! More than good enough to record demos with.

• I definitely like the feature as well. Doesn't change tonality much at all, however it definitely drops the gain, this is pretty obvious in my opinion. I also wish they would get it to track quicker below 1 step down, maybe something they can work on hopefully? Probably only so much they can do with that though, as you will never Mimmick te feel and tension of actually having a guitar tuned down, which is part of what throws people off with It as well.

• My guitars are all in Drop B for my band. I did the reverse and put my guitar in standard tuning with it lol... It's fun to mess with. I still think the Line 6 Variax guitars transpose the best at the moment but I'm sure that Kemper will up their game on the transpose feature as new releases come out. It's a newish feature so give it some time. If it ever gets to the point where it's bang on with the tone I'll use guitars tuned to standard so I can give my tired tendons a rest in my left hand. I have to use 12-68s at the moment to get the tuning to hold properly. I'd much rather use 10s or 9s in standard and transpose to B.

• Code
    [quote='Wolfborne','index.php?page=Thread&postID=104769#post104769']My guitars are all in Drop B for my band.  I did the reverse and put my guitar in standard tuning with it lol...  It's fun to mess with.  I still think the Line 6  Variax guitars transpose the best at the moment but I'm sure that Kemper will up their game on the transpose feature as new releases come out.  It's a newish feature so give it some time.  If it ever gets to the point where it's bang on with the tone I'll use guitars tuned to standard so I can give my tired tendons a rest in my left hand.  I have to use 12-68s at the moment to get the tuning to hold properly.  I'd much rather use 10s or 9s in standard and transpose to B.[/quote]

Never used a Varix, but I use a whammey DT and this tracks really well. I'll have to have a go with the Kemper too and see how it compares.... what I do like about the Kemper pitch effects is you can whammey up 3 octaves unlike the 2 on the whammey pedals....not that musical but cool for Morello type moments.