2.1.1 volume died on me tonight at gig

• Sounds like I better revert to an earlier version before my next gig.

Why should you want to do that? This is definitely NOT related to one of the latest updates. And if you apply what Timo has written about setting the pedal option to off in the rig menu and most of all you haven't had any problems with a volume drop, I don't see why you should do anything but enjoy your gigs.

• Thank God I found this thread. I'm a gigging musician and this happened to me last night at a gig. My keyboard player does our live sound on stage and during a song my volume dropped considerably. I gave him a few nasty looks as I thought he had turned me down lol! I feel now that this has been happening not only on this current FW (2.1.1) but on almost all previous ones too as I gig extensively with the Kemper. Sometimes I've thought it was a bad cable, or simply blamed my ears for playing tricks on me. In almost EVERY gig for god knows how long, I've felt the need to increase my main output level to give me back the drop in volume during songs.

The other night I was playing in my house using the headphone output and while I was playing the entire sound dropped out and all I could hear was the reverb of the profile. I put this down to the headphones I was using but I'm almost convinced now it's the Kemper.

For me this is a very serious thing as I'm a professional gigging guitarist and this problem is NOT good! I hope Mr Kemper and the team notice and solve this problem ASAP!!

I follow your suspicion that your volume drops were a bad cable or something outside the profiler. We have no reports of volume drops, especially during several firmwares. Keyboarders tend to cause volume drops on guitar amps, once you give them the control. :)

For your headphone experience, I can definetely tell the reason.
    It was a short cut in your headphone cable, or in the cable adapter.
    When not fully plugged, two poles can be shorted, causing the left channel substracted from the right channel.
    As a result the mono guitar signal is fully cancled out, leaving the soft stereo reverb as the sole signal.
    This has been reported once already. It was confirmed that it was a critical headphone adapter.

• Why should you want to do that? This is definitely NOT related to one of the latest updates. And if you apply what Timo has written about setting the pedal option to off in the rig menu and most of all you haven't had any problems with a volume drop, I don't see why you should do anything but enjoy your gigs.

Are you saying the reports of sudden volume drops are false? How do you know? I experienced the sudden tuner mute bug, but at least Kemper suggested a workaround fix for that. This new reported volume drop bug would be a disaster for me if it happens at my next gig where we're likely going to have a film crew.

• No, we are investigating the loss of sound of sound.
    We recomment to stay on the 2.01 or earlier release version, when you play live or in other critical situations. On 2.01, disable unused expression pedals inputs in the System menu.

In the previous post I was referring to a drop in volume to a lower level, that might have outer reasons.

• I did have volume loss with the master volume on previous versions, I think it is a master volume knob issue. Because It only occure at low master levels here so it is no problem for me, I just have the master volume over 5.0 and no volume loss.

• Had to reboot...

No reboot necessary.

In this case just hit Softbutton 4 which resets MIDI volume to max. The bug "suddenly in tuner mode" and "suddenly goes silent" can be worked around with setting unused pedals to "off" (SYSTEM Settings/Pedal).

2.0.1 changed the learning behaviour of the pedals a bit, as a result, it is possible that an empty pedal connector ("no pedal connected") could cause MIDI Volume set to 0 in awkward situations. This is fixed in version 2.1.0.

Timo

Edit: Just checked where the fix happened, but this indeed is already fixed in 2.1.0. Version 2.1.1 just fixes default volumes.

• Ok so it looks like this is getting looked into, good.
    I can confirm that I have a Boss FS6 pedal plugged via a stereo lead into Pedal 1 and it is assigned to Rig Up/Down. I have changed the pedal 2 assign to "OFF", initially it was assigned to the default, cant remember what it was.
    Can I also confirm that initially when playing, my volume dropped to about half, a reboot cured this. Within 15 minutes, the volume cut out completely and a reboot did not cure it, luckily it was during our last song.
    CK has mentioned reverting back to 2.01 for anyone gigging in a Live situation, how do I do this ?
    Cheers guys
    ps. Other than the pops & clicks on a previous FW, the KPA has been fine and ive been gigging with it several times a week over the last 9 months
    Mark

• Timo, I'm still getting the bug "suddenly in tuner mode" and "suddenly goes silent". I set the pedals to off and it goes away, but if you are saying that it got fixed in 2.1.0 via learned pedal behavior, I'm saying it's still there as I am at 2.1.1.8823 Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post regarding "2.0.1 changed the learning behaviour of the pedals a bit, as a result, it is possible that an empty pedal connector ("no pedal connected") could cause MIDI Volume set to 0 in awkward situations. This is fixed in version 2.1.0."??

• Timo, I'm still getting the bug "suddenly in tuner mode" and "suddenly goes silent". I set the pedals to off and it goes away, but if you are saying that it got fixed in 2.1.0 via learned pedal behavior, I'm saying it's still there as I am at 2.1.1.8823 Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post regarding "2.0.1 changed the learning behaviour of the pedals a bit, as a result, it is possible that an empty pedal connector ("no pedal connected") could cause MIDI Volume set to 0 in awkward situations. This is fixed in version 2.1.0."??

We are still investigating about this, also with some progress. Right now it looks like "your" bug is not related to one that has been fixed. We'll keep you posted.

Timo

• I am having an issue with this but the opposite? When I am tuning with the volume pedal all the way down, sometimes it un-mutes to full volume! Causing an undesired distraction! Also Volume fluctuation when using the volume pedal? Any help would be greatly appreciated! By the way I am using the Kemper Mission Engineering expression pedal to control the volume and Wah Switch.

Dave