two kemper powerhead with dead leds............

• i bought at thomann one powerhead, and to my disgust had a treble button led dead.
    I returned it and today I received another kemper powerhead with a volumen led dead .i don´t know if it's a manufacturing problem of the last series, but it seems incredible that two new amplifiers have the same problem.
    Now I think if over time it will be a robust amplifier, or otherwise is made with poor quality components.
    (It is rare that these two amplifiers are passed quality control).

I do not know if anyone in the forum have the same problem, but I'm going to receive the third kemper and it scares me ..... sorry for my english. thanks.

• wow............two kemper having the same issue is a premiere League result. don't think anyone had it. I read several had led malfunction but not with two new machine. keep claiming for a perfect kemper even if this would make you get and return a kemper a day. since you pay flawless money you deserve a flawless machine.

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• 10 of my LED's have now gone (lunchbox version). Every 12 O'Clock position on the bass, middle, treble and presence knobs, one on the gain control and 5 on the Volume knob.

Bought mine from guitarguitar.co.uk so will have to try and sort a return at some point, just don't want to be without the Kemper for the length of time it may be gone for.

• That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

Does anyone know what the deal is with these LED's? Is it batch specific or are the LED's unreliable in general. I'm slowly gathering funds to join Kemperland but I'd be reluctant to part with that kind of cash until I know issues like these are resolved. One reason for me going Kemper is because I'm sick of valve amps letting me down, so things like this, although in the grand scheme minor, do make me a little less convinced.

• To be honest I really don't understand the failure rate with these LED's on the Kemper. As others have mentioned, LED's are notoriously robust and we should be surprised that anyone's LED's have gone on their Kemper, never mind multiple LED's on multiple Kempers.

Not sure if CK has commented on this but it sure would be good if he could (especially if it is putting people off from buying a Kemper)

• To be honest I really don't understand the failure rate with these LED's on the Kemper. As others have mentioned, LED's are notoriously robust and we should be surprised that anyone's LED's have gone on their Kemper, never mind multiple LED's on multiple Kempers.

Not sure if CK has commented on this but it sure would be good if he could (especially if it is putting people off from buying a Kemper)

I agree, it's very odd. LEDs should be able to survive us all. Makes me wonder if it's really some other component that's failing.

• I have 2 dead LEDs after 1 year. I don't want to miss my Kemper for a day, so I don't want to send it back .Should I send it back anyway or not? How many will follow??
    Does anyone know what's the story with the LEDs? :S

• Im curious as to why Kemper is silent on this situation. I had to exchange 2 untis inside of a year due to burned out leds. It has no effect on the sound or operation of the Kemper at all, but man when I shell out this kind of cash I dont expect the leds to burn out so quickly. My 3rd unit lasted as long as I had it. Im about a month away from purchasing another Kemper. I sold the 3rd unit because I was in a financial bind. Im excited to get it back and was planning on getting the rack mount to avoid any led hassles, but it sounds like it is happening on those as well. Im not complaining really, I would just like to know if this is ever going to be addressed. Im super happy that they exchange mine with very little trouble, but what happens when the warranty expires and the leds start going out?

• thanks for your answers¡¡.
    i think that i´m going to take the option in thomann of money back. I don´t want to spend 2100 euros in a product that fail in the future.
    The kemper profiling seduces to me,but always i thought that was a half done product.
    If in two new kempers dead leds,and in others are dead leds in few months....because it can´t fail something else?

Yes,is more versatile that my dual rectifier,or my marshall jcm 800,but in valve amps is more easy to replace a broken piece.

The led collar remember me to my first vamp of behringer,that had red led collar,but in this vamp never fails,and is behringer quality.........

i´m sad because i wanted a kemper amp,but i don´t like the lottery.....thanks friends.

• ROHS solder sucks that's why it's not used for military or aviation systems. They are still allowed to use lead solder.
    You can have cold solders even many weeks later.

• [quote='estocastico7','index.php?page=Thread&postID=105165#post105165']thanks for your answers¡¡.
    i think that i´m going to take the option in thomann of money back. I don´t want to spend 2100 euros in a product that fail in the future.
    The kemper profiling seduces to me,but always i thought that was a half done product.
    If in two new kempers dead leds,and in others are dead leds in few months....because it can´t fail something else?

Yes,is more versatile that my dual rectifier,or my marshall jcm 800,but in valve amps is more easy to replace a broken piece.

The led collar remember me to my first vamp of behringer,that had red led collar,but in this vamp never fails,and is behringer quality.........

i´m sad because i wanted a kemper

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• I have seen a lot of people mention this here and heard from a few others about their LEDs blowing out too. It would be good if someone from Kemper could clarify as every time I turn the unit on now I worry they will go - not fun.

Any information on why it is happening would be good too. Is it a power problem, are the LEDs cheap quality etc?

• Agreed with the point about the sudden silence too. I can handle the LED's going as it won't affect a gig (although it would seriously piss me off after dropping so much on the unit and the FRFR and board to get it giggable) but the silence is a killer. If this is in a beta I have no problem with it as that's the risk you take running beta firmware, but on a proper release I just can't have it happening mid song. Although, I guess I would rather have a firmware issue than a hardware issue in the long run as the updates seem to be regular and decent - +1 to the Kemper team for that.

CK - do you have any idea as to what is going on with the LED's - is it a batch problem or a problem with the LED's in general?

• Agreed with the point about the sudden silence too. I can handle the LED's going as it won't affect a gig (although it would seriously piss me off after dropping so much on the unit and the FRFR and board to get it giggable) but the silence is a killer. If this is in a beta I have no problem with it as that's the risk you take running beta firmware, but on a proper release I just can't have it happening mid song. Although, I guess I would rather have a firmware issue than a hardware issue in the long run as the updates seem to be regular and decent - +1 to the Kemper team for that.

CK - do you have any idea as to what is going on with the LED's - is it a batch problem or a problem with the LED's in general?

I would have a difficult time believing it was a bad batch. I got my first Kemper the week it was released in the states. My second was replaced 6 months after that . The third one (second replacement) was 6 months after that. All I really want to know is if they are aware of what is causing this, and if they intend to address it. Sweetwater rep told me that they requested my unit to be returned to them immediately so they could look it over. My first 2 units were white toaster, the last replacement was a black toaster. I had no issues with the black one for the 7 months I had it. I had to sell it though. I have a new rack mount on the way. Im just hoping I dont have any issues with the leds. Whatever the issue is I feel confident enough that the Kemper team will get it solved, Id just like them to address it so we know that they are trying to solve it. It would ease my mind a little. :thumbup: