two kemper powerhead with dead leds............

• I have a Jan 12 toaster with one LED gone so far (about 2 months ago).
    Don't wanna send it in for repair unless the issue is figured out - heck newer ones seem to behave even worse at times. Also I'd be without a KPA which I prefer not to happen.
    Want a backup unit anyway - haven't made up my mind yet bout which one though.

Hendrik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

90% of the game is half-mental.

• I noticed an LED out on Gain and Master Volume two weeks ago, and requested warranty service. Received a prompt reply from Kemper requesting Serial number and shipping address, and that they will arrange service immediately.

Of course the thought of being without My KPA for any amount of time is traumatic, and to alleviate withdrawals of diverse tone, I ordered a new Rack model, ( which I have wanted for months but couldn't convince the girlfriend it was "absolutely necessary" until now).

The rack unit arrives Tuesday, so as soon as I receive the shipping info from KPA, the toaster returns to the original box it arrived in, will be security packed and off for repair.

Now,.... to start brainstorming about the possibilities of two KPA's running different models,.. Etc etc.

• I also have two dead green leds as well as no color leds after a liquid foot update.
    The green leds died while i was touring in Stockholm
    I love my toaster but-Im concerned to say the least
    Its a long way to send this unit from Australia to Thomann in Germany.

• The silence of the people of kemper is a bad signal for me. They don´t say nothing of the dead leds,probably because they have a problem with this leds,and in the most amps probably in the future the leds going off.

There are a lot of units with dead leds,and there are more un the future,the kemper team silence isn´t a good silence.

people should not buy more amps if the problem not resolved....... X( X( X( X(

• the cloured leds wen

Do you have colored LEDs if you don't have the Liquid Foot connected?

No- the coloured leds are gone all the time now.

The coloured leds went out on me when two way midi communication first became possible
    It may be the liquidfoots fault-maybe the kemper. Hooked up two way midi cable then bam-no coloured leds.
    Kemper staff have been trying hard to sort this one out by the way.

• the cloured leds wen

No- the coloured leds are gone all the time now.

The coloured leds went out on me when two way midi communication first became possible
    It may be the liquidfoots fault-maybe the kemper. Hooked up two way midi cable then bam-no coloured leds.
    Kemper staff have been trying hard to sort this one out by the way.

This issue surprises me and I wonder what could have happened. A bit leery of asking any Liquid Foot users to replicate the issue though. Still, if there's anyone else that has this issue, perhaps an advisory is required on midi controllers that are dangerous to hook up.

Any other Liquid Foot users with this problem?

• The silence of the people of kemper is a bad signal for me. They don´t say nothing of the dead leds,probably because they have a problem with this leds,and in the most amps probably in the future the leds going off.

There are a lot of units with dead leds,and there are more un the future,the kemper team silence isn´t a good silence.

people should not buy more amps if the problem not resolved....... X( X( X( X(

I agree! A PSA statement would instill some confidence on this issue, but I'm betting we are not going to like the answer. Maybe they don't have a solution yet? Or, imagine if all units need to be recalled for re-soldering or additional mechanical work. Obviously, it's not a software issue. I guess we will know something when new Kemper units are released with a more reliable LED design?
    Imagine the markdown on ebay for used Kempers with missing LEDs in a few years though! :thumbup: I need a second unit!

"Heavy Metal does have a message for the rest of the world: Fuck You!" -Sebastian Bach

• Come on Kemper staff, is it so difficult to tell us what's happening and if you are looking into the problem for a solution? Or tell us if and when new models with this issue fixed will be for sale! It's a shame and disrespect for current and future KPA owners! I am one of the second group and i haven't bought it yet because of this issue and the sudden silence problem! And i know that sudden silence problem is software based and will be fixed some time!

• I owe my toasterhead for one and a half year and it looks very poor - I think that the rack version has more working LEDs than my toaster has at the moment. :wacko: On stage, it´s often hard to see, which settings are dialed in. In the future my KPA keeps maybe completly dark?
    As a professional musician it´s nearly impossible for me to be weeks without my Kemper. Would be great, if there comes a (better) solution a.s.a.p.
    I can imagine, that the Kemper company gives maybe the bigger local dealers in every area one or two units which they can borrow to the users for the time, when their own KPA is on repair.
    (These "borrow-units" can be sold later as second hand models - so this would not be very expensive for the Kemper company)
    Anyone agree?

Play it like you mean it.

• My rack unit arrived Tuesday, did a backup of the toaster, then loaded that into my new rack mount KPA, and everything looks great.
    Received my RA # from Kemper Warranty less than an hour ago. UPS will pick up today, or tomorrow,( luckily I still have all original boxes and packing styro), and deliver for "dead led repair" in Dallas, Texas. I'll post how long the repair process takes as soon as it returns.

You really can't ask for too much more. They have been very responsive. They are covering shipping, and insurance, both ways. All they required was that I was a registered owner and that the serial # matched the registration. Until you factor in how many units went out the factory door against how many units had defective LED's, we have no clue how bad the issue is. If the 10 people on the forum who have returned their units for LED repair are all that are verified, that is fantastic QA.

I bought a $2,000 Sony tv from Best buy , and on the same day I bought it, I noticed dead pixels. Best buy were not pleasant , and Sony replied that their Warranty expressly noted that anything less than 10 pixels was normal. Luckily American Express forced Best Buy to accept it back. Kemper has been great concerning this issue, and I personally know of 9 other owners, and none of them have had any issues needing any repairs.

http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/689/zxgi.jpg/

• Does anyone have details about when their Kemper was manufactured? Is there a certain bad batch that had problems with defective components?

I received my Kemper after months in transit in super condition. Unmarked, all lights working, pristine. Which was a blessing after reading so many posts about the KPA being DOA, LEDs not working, firmware not updating, OS not loading, etc.

How many users is this LED issue really affecting? Pictures and other evidence would be welcome.

I'm hoping the slew of complaints can be attributed to disruptive marketing tactics by Axe-FX employees, haha ;)

• How many users is this LED issue really affecting? Pictures and other evidence would be welcome.
    I'm hoping the slew of complaints can be attributed to disruptive marketing tactics by Axe-FX employees, haha ;)

I won't start to post pictures just to read that they might as well be Photoshop'd. I have dead LEDs and they started to die roughly 6-7 months after I bought the black toaster. The LED issue isn't funny enough to jump on this bad AxeFX joke, sorry.

• yes,i contact with thomann and send me two powerhead with dead leds......i´m waiting the third one timo.

My problem is that i´m waiting one month,without money without amp,but with the feeling that the third powerhead in the future fails.....

And there isn´t response of the people of kemper,i think that errors must be recognized,and in this case.....

Timo if you feel bad that i´m ironic, think that is hard to me get 2049 euros for an amp,and I would like an explanation at least for the time I'm losing