Our Kempers both caught fire tonight

• You didn't connect the power amp out to the monitor out accidently, did you? That would explain the error, I did that once to my 11 rack back in the days... buffer was gone - luckily it was an easy replaceable SO-08 housing.
    Besides: as it is not the power section - the failure must have been in the power amp - there's no way a DA converter (or buffer) can burn a transistor.
    It is weird though that both your kemper went down, as unlikely it is that both Kempers had a failure at the same time it is with the power amps...

That's one of the first things we checked. We turned everything off when the smoke started coming out of the Kemper. We traced all the lines. It was all properly hooked up.

• Wow, that is terrible. I just got my KPA and (oddly) I plan to use it to record at that exact studio.
    Big props to CK et al for being on this right away. I (among others) will be watching this thread to learn what exactly happened there!
    Best of luck to you guys!

• Wow, that is terrible. I just got my KPA and (oddly) I plan to use it to record at that exact studio.
    Big props to CK et al for being on this right away. I (among others) will be watching this thread to learn what exactly happened there!
    Best of luck to you guys!

If Ben Kaplan is your engineer he owns a KPA and it's at the studio so you can leave yours at home. If you need any help you can PM me and we can chat in person.

• I would forget the furman, it's a joke, power conditioners are an utter waste of money in my experience and rarely do the job. A UPS on the other hand will condition the power properly and also be handy in case of an outage.

Bear in mind that anywhere can have a power issue no matter how good the grid or how great it's been in the past, there's always the chance that somewhere someone drove into a substation, or it's windy and some branches hit the lines or something comes off, or the neighbors decide to run up some ridiculous project with every piece of electronics they've got, or somewhere else in the same building someone is futzing with the switches. Then there's the potential for faults happening in both your kit and other equipment being used, someone spilled a drink last night and didn't own up, anything can happen. Anyhow, I'd trust Christoph and his team to get to the bottom of this.

Edited 2 times, last by Per ().

• I would forget the furman, it's a joke, power conditioners are an utter waste of money in my experience and rarely do the job. A UPS on the other hand will condition the power properly and also be handy in case of an outage. Bear in mind that anywhere can have a power issue no matter how good the grid, there's always the chance that somewhere someone drove into a substation, or it's windy and some branches hit the lines or something comes off, or the neighbors decide to run up some ridiculous project with every piece of electronics they've got, or somewhere else in the same building someone is futzing with the switches. Then there's the potential for faults happening in both your kit and other equipment being used, someone spilled a drink last night and didn't own up, anything can happen. Anyhow, I'd trust Christoph and his team to get to the bottom of this.

His Furman unit isn't a only power conditionner..it's a voltage regulator ..
    Still I do not think either that it has something to do with the KPA to start with.. two unit blown at the same time in the same room..impossible