Tried to do my first profile?

• Sorry guys, need help. it seems like the KPA is profiling itself? The mic doesn't seem to make any difference in the sound. I changed mic and cable and rebooted but, even talking into the mic makes no sound. I'm using an sm58 straight into the back of the kemper with xlr cable (no preamp or mixer) any idea what I'm messing up? thanks

• RTFD :P
    When u switch to profiling u get the last profile you browsed in browse mode as a 'reference amp' , you can switch from Kemper amp to ref. amp with the upper buttons. Once you get there , start profiling , refine, then don't forget to store , it's not automatic.
    Correct behaviour/ wiring is : plug your guitar to KPA front input / wire the KPA send to amp input / send your mic properly setup to the return of the KPA. Setup your amp at a cool sweetspot (quite loud in fact) When you play / refine with your guitar you should ear it thru your monitoring system or external amp.

• the thing I don't have is a hook up to the main outputs to a monitoring system. Is this why I don't hear the mic? If this is the case, can I just use headphones to monitor? again I checked the mic and cable. I must be missing something but I have gone over the manual. Looking for some videos to show how to do this? thanks for the time on this I must bemissing something?

Edited once, last by jamme61 ().

• sorry I don't think i'm expaining this right. I have a power head kemper. I don't use a monitor speaker, I plug into my marshall 2x12 cabinet. To start profiling, I disconected the main out in the back of my kemper power head (that goes to my guitar cabinet) I plugged my guitar into the kemper. I then ran a cable from the Direct output jack of the kemper into my fender bassman amp input. then I ran the speaker out of the fender bassman amp to my guitar cabinet. I put an sm57 mic on that cab and ran the mic cable to the XLR return input of the Kemper. Everything seems to work (makes all the weird kemper noises) except the microphone dosen't seem to be doing anything. when I move the mic or adjust the level of it nothing changes, sound wise? Do I need to monitor the process through the headphone jack or do I have to add monitor speakers to the main outs? Is that my problem ? thanks again

Edited once, last by jamme61 ().