How do you find you "live" sound?

• I have an ELX112p with my Kemper and some of the profiles, at lowered practice tones, leave a little fidelity to be desired. They come across as a little "muffled" in the HD500 sense. I know that's not the case and I am sure when cranked (NEVER get that opportunity until shows) will sound better. Any tips and tricks to "find" tone at lower levels?

• For me, it was the problem of the ELX.

It is a very muffled speaker, the only thing you can do is buy a Matrix Q12 or Atomic CLR :D

Kidding aside, you will have to bump up the presence on the profiles you use to compensate.

I found it helpful before I got rid of the ELX to run my ipod (or a laptop, whatever works for you) then see how music sounds through the ELX.

It was really dull and muffled, but then you can gauge how you need to tweak your eq settings on the Kemper to get it to sound good for you.

• My issue is that my main PA speakers for the band are ELX112ps and I often run through them in a FOH situation so I am thinking my monitor should match that, no?

Is the Yamaha really that good? I LOVE the CLR, but don't think I can afford it. Plus, it would be spending $1000 on a monitor essentially.

• My issue is that my main PA speakers for the band are ELX112ps and I often run through them in a FOH situation so I am thinking my monitor should match that, no?

Is the Yamaha really that good? I LOVE the CLR, but don't think I can afford it. Plus, it would be spending $1000 on a monitor essentially.

Yep the Yamaha is that good Ingolf a user on here has the CLR and the Yamaha and reckons they are very close to being identical

• Use Good studiomonitors that translate well to other speakers.

But due to Fletcher munson curve loud will Never Sound the Same as quite as you perceive Sound different at different volume